Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error code UI_a006

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7556E33B-E94F-42D0-A62F-68F706C9A593.jpeg
B9E8C093-D0A4-4D24-8C65-D90E5C75E00B.jpeg
2018 LR RWD VIN 31,XXX

Lucky me, I have just received a error message on my car UI_a006

The car drives and feels fine.

Anyone else get the same error code?

See Pictures

View attachment 639466 View attachment 639465 2018 LR RWD VIN 31,XXX

Lucky me, I have just received a error message on my car UI_a006

The car drives and feels fine.

Anyone else get the same error code?

See Pictures

Did you try to reboot via the steering wheel? I just got it today and I've rebooted it. The error didn't come back yet....
Did SC tell you what the issue is?
I made a service appointment for next Tuesday(earliest they have available).

Last edited:
Okay, I spoke too soon. I went for a drive and when I got in the car, I got the other message you got about the heating/cooling system.
I’ve also noticed there’s no air blowing on the passenger side based on the screen.

View attachment 639724
There was an update where this was supposed to be a feature (where the car detects if there is a passenger and disables the vents if there aren't) but not sure if this was ever implemented.
https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/htcx9m/close_front_ac_vent/
However, given the error message, this is unlikely to be it.

I got the same message yesterday but mine's is a 2021 sr+ (only 3 months old!). I set up a service appointment and it seems like they ordered a heat pump sensor replacement part ‍♀️

Doesn't it suck to have a brand new car and run into such issue? You and I are on the same boat. Mine is a 2021 SR+ delivered Jan 15 2021. My SC didn't reply to my messages from my appointment. I'm left in the dark.

Doesn't it suck to have a brand new car and run into such issue? You and I are on the same boat. Mine is a 2021 SR+ delivered Jan 15 2021. My SC didn't reply to my messages from my appointment. I'm left in the dark.

Yea for sure! I always hear people talk about the quality concerns with tesla but I didn't think I'd run into an issue so soon =(
My sc didn't directly respond but just confirmed the appointment and there's an estimate for the part they are replacing it with

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210225-214552__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20210225-214552__01.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 157
Damn. I was hoping they would. I asked about a loaner but no answer.
It really depends on your local SC and the exact demand when you drop off your car.

When I did my first service back in late January they warned they might not have loaners and would give Uber credits if not, but the day I went they actually did have loaners (I had other transportation so didn't opt for it).

Reactions: chewychiu
I got the same error yesterday evening on my M3 as well. Car's just two months old, but it is what it is. On the flip side, I like that the car flags the issue and it doesn't take away from it being a great car. Still no word as to what the replacement parts ordered are and my service appointment is at the end of the coming week.