Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error code UI_a006

EasterEgg

Apr 5, 2016
Pasadena
7556E33B-E94F-42D0-A62F-68F706C9A593.jpeg
B9E8C093-D0A4-4D24-8C65-D90E5C75E00B.jpeg
2018 LR RWD VIN 31,XXX

Lucky me, I have just received a error message on my car UI_a006

The car drives and feels fine.

Anyone else get the same error code?

See Pictures

View attachment 639466 View attachment 639465 2018 LR RWD VIN 31,XXX

Lucky me, I have just received a error message on my car UI_a006

The car drives and feels fine.

Anyone else get the same error code?

See Pictures

Did you try to reboot via the steering wheel? I just got it today and I've rebooted it. The error didn't come back yet....
Did SC tell you what the issue is?
I made a service appointment for next Tuesday(earliest they have available).

Last edited:

stopcrazypp

Dec 8, 2007
Okay, I spoke too soon. I went for a drive and when I got in the car, I got the other message you got about the heating/cooling system.
I’ve also noticed there’s no air blowing on the passenger side based on the screen.

View attachment 639724
There was an update where this was supposed to be a feature (where the car detects if there is a passenger and disables the vents if there aren't) but not sure if this was ever implemented.
https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/htcx9m/close_front_ac_vent/
However, given the error message, this is unlikely to be it.

I got the same message yesterday but mine's is a 2021 sr+ (only 3 months old!). I set up a service appointment and it seems like they ordered a heat pump sensor replacement part ‍♀️

Doesn't it suck to have a brand new car and run into such issue? You and I are on the same boat. Mine is a 2021 SR+ delivered Jan 15 2021. My SC didn't reply to my messages from my appointment. I'm left in the dark.

mui7

Oct 16, 2020
Canada
Doesn't it suck to have a brand new car and run into such issue? You and I are on the same boat. Mine is a 2021 SR+ delivered Jan 15 2021. My SC didn't reply to my messages from my appointment. I'm left in the dark.

Yea for sure! I always hear people talk about the quality concerns with tesla but I didn't think I'd run into an issue so soon =(
My sc didn't directly respond but just confirmed the appointment and there's an estimate for the part they are replacing it with

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210225-214552__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20210225-214552__01.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 114
Yea for sure! I always hear people talk about the quality concerns with tesla but I didn't think I'd run into an issue so soon =(
My sc didn't directly respond but just confirmed the appointment and there's an estimate for the part they are replacing it with

Mine says my service visit is scheduled in the preparation stage. Nothing else. It’s been about 30 hours.

stopcrazypp

Dec 8, 2007
Damn. I was hoping they would. I asked about a loaner but no answer.
It really depends on your local SC and the exact demand when you drop off your car.

When I did my first service back in late January they warned they might not have loaners and would give Uber credits if not, but the day I went they actually did have loaners (I had other transportation so didn't opt for it).

Reactions: chewychiu
I got the same error yesterday evening on my M3 as well. Car's just two months old, but it is what it is. On the flip side, I like that the car flags the issue and it doesn't take away from it being a great car. Still no word as to what the replacement parts ordered are and my service appointment is at the end of the coming week.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC