Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error CP_a009 and BMS_a063 - not while attempting to charge.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had those exact symptoms on an intermittent basis with my car in Australia (2021 Model 3 Long Range made in China) and had that harness replaced (twice) under warranty by the Tesla service centre.

The second time, about 4 months ago, was with the new improved version of the part. What they did was described in the service invoice as:

Removed and replaced 3 Phase AC Charge port W Harness. Verified proper fitment and operation.

And the replacement part itself: CP CABLE KIT, AC 3 PHASE,IEC(1509395-10-C)

The problem hasn’t recurred and I have driven probably 15000km since then, so hopefully that is a final resolution of it.

The first time they replaced the part (about 12 months ago) was with this part and it did NOT fix it: CP CABLE KIT, AC 3 PHASE,IEC(1509395-10-B).

So from my experience it seems you need the “C” revision (or newer) of that harness for the issue to be correctly fixed.
Thank you for the information. Much appreciated. Perhaps, I can send them the part number and have them replace it with newer version altogether. Glad to hear issue was resolved for you. I have 2020 3 LR

I had those exact symptoms on an intermittent basis with my car in Australia (2021 Model 3 Long Range made in China) and had that harness replaced (twice) under warranty by the Tesla service centre.

The second time, about 4 months ago, was with the new improved version of the part. What they did was described in the service invoice as:

Removed and replaced 3 Phase AC Charge port W Harness. Verified proper fitment and operation.

And the replacement part itself: CP CABLE KIT, AC 3 PHASE,IEC(1509395-10-C)

The problem hasn’t recurred and I have driven probably 15000km since then, so hopefully that is a final resolution of it.

The first time they replaced the part (about 12 months ago) was with this part and it did NOT fix it: CP CABLE KIT, AC 3 PHASE,IEC(1509395-10-B).

So from my experience it seems you need the “C” revision (or newer) of that harness for the issue to be correctly fixed.
I’ve just checked my invoice and mine was also CP CABLE KIT, AC 3 PHASE,IEC (1509395-10-C). I haven’t had the issue since the harness was replaced in July.

I’ve just checked my invoice and mine was also CP CABLE KIT, AC 3 PHASE,IEC (1509395-10-C). I haven’t had the issue since the harness was replaced in July.
Thank you for the reply. I just looked at the invoice, and it says “general diagnosis”. No charge. Hope they find the problem and fix it, rather than run diagnostics.

Thank you for the reply. I just looked at the invoice, and it says “general diagnosis”. No charge. Hope they find the problem and fix it, rather than run diagnostics.
Thanks for sharing, i have the same problems. At first I thought it was an Octopus intelligence thing but then I started getting the odd warning when I was not plugged in. I am booked in next week for the replacement cable and a Tech bulletin update to the truck struct. The reply from Tesla specifically mentions the rev C for the cable. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot