Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Erstwhile friends who are quick to report unfavorable Tesla news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most news on Tesla are negative so it's natural people will only mention this. It's the most shorted stock. The auto industry want them to fail, big oil want them to fail. People don't realise how much cheaper to run electric is so any negative they will repeat. Tell them a Honda Civic spends more on gas in a week than a model X all month in electricity
or a prius for that matter...

This is a phenomena I've never experienced before with any of the cars I've purchased over last 55 years. Nor would I be doing that myself to any of my friends/neighbors that had a new vehicle. It's only a few of the people I know, but it's consistent - they just can't wait to let me know of anything Tesla-negative. Other than the Tesla issue, our communications remain otherwise normal and cordial.
I periodically reevaluate how much I value the "friendship" of people that behave in a repeatedly hostile/confrontational manner.

Some friends want to hear my take on the negative (and positive) they hear about Tesla, but the tone is very different from what's described above. These are education opportunities, IMO. :)