Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ESP Blinking after changing the tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
Ive just changed my Model S tires from 19 to 21 inch. And Ive out lowering links and put a 295/35/21 in the rear and 245/35/21 in the front. And now when I drive over 40-50kmh the ESP starts Blinking. Ive changed the wheel config to twin turbine staggered and arachnid staggered with no success. Those who run wider aftermarket tires, have you experienced the same issues and what did you do to solve it?

Thats why I put arachnid wheel config because it has similar rear tires: 295. But the arachnid front tires are 265 and mine 245. How does those with aftermarket tires fix this?
295 is the width in mm. The diameter is calculated from all the numbers. 295mm * 0.35 (aspect ratio) * 2 / 25.4 + 21" = 29.13" in the rear. Your fronts are about 27.75"
The stock sizes are around 28" front and rear.

If it was me, I'd get a new pair of rear tires that are a 295/30-21. If the ones on the car are outside the return period, I'd either sell them or keep them and then next time I'm due for tires, buy a pair of taller tires for the front to match them (assuming there aren't clearance / rubbing issues).

If it was me, I'd get a new pair of rear tires that are a 295/30-21. If the ones on the car are outside the return period, I'd either sell them or keep them and then next time I'm due for tires, buy a pair of taller tires for the front to match them (assuming there aren't clearance / rubbing issues).
I found the problem and fixed it, the difference between the rear tire pressure was 0.6 bar. Filled the rear to 2.8 and front 3.3 and no problems.