Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ESPN Los Angeles on Tune-In not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else have this issue? It just stopped working last week and when I contacted Tesla, they said it might be a Tune-In issue specific to the account on my car?

Initially, Tesla support said ESPN Los Angeles moved to Radio.com. But that's not true since it works on Tune-In app on iOS. They also had me power down the car and restart and it did nothing.

Does anyone else have this issue? It just stopped working last week and when I contacted Tesla, they said it might be a Tune-In issue specific to the account on my car?

Initially, Tesla support said ESPN Los Angeles moved to Radio.com. But that's not true since it works on Tune-In app on iOS. They also had me power down the car and restart and it did nothing.

Same here....other ESPN stations are working fine except for Los Angeles.

Here's a response from Tesla. Guess we just have to wait some more...

"I looked further into the issue you reported regarding ESPN 710 Los Angeles and have found the root cause of the issue is steming from the streaming side of the station. If this station has worked before it may only be a intermittent issue that will resolve on its own. If this station has never worked there may be a more permanent issue with the stream itself.

There is no resets on the vehicle side that would resolve this issue, The Media player itself is working as designed but is unable to process the stream due to issues on the server side.

I have notified the media team of this issue and we may see some improvement in the future."​

I am also having the same issue in Chicago. What I noticed with TuneIn via the Tesla player is that I can choose ESPN for cities out of town (Seattle, New York, Minneapolis) but the ESPN Chicago or ESPN National stations won't play, even though they show up in the TuneIn search options and play fine on the TuneIn app if streamed over bluetooth. Good to know I am not the only one having this issue!

Got this from Tune-In - "Hello Brian,

Thanks for contacting us about this issue.

We have already contacted ESPN already and they are aware of that issue. They’re working to resolve it soon.

However, they are waiting on information from Tesla to resolve this issues. ESPN hasn’t given us a timeline on when this will be resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your time and patience.

Kind Regards,

Patrick
TuneIn, Inc."

Reactions: Reekdog
84CA47BC-A692-458B-912D-0A166E35E272.png Checked today... Still not loading. Fortunately, I have AM radio included on my 2016 Model S so I can still get it along with the Laker games, (which are blocked on the app) A quick work around is to play it from your phone app.

Hope that helps.

It's been well over a month and none of the ESPN tunein channels are working on my Model 3... I am not a member but all these stations where working until a month ago. Neither is NPR and frankly I love everything about my M3 except the music UI and TuneIn. IT SUCKS!!

It's been well over a month and none of the ESPN tunein channels are working on my Model 3... I am not a member but all these stations where working until a month ago. Neither is NPR and frankly I love everything about my M3 except the music UI and TuneIn. IT SUCKS!!

It was only ESPN Los Angeles that wasn't working for me, now it's all of them as well. I don't see this getting fixed anytime soon.