Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Estimated delivery date 1 - 3 weeks out but no Vin still, is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there, when I log into my Tesla account it says that my estimated delivery date is between November 22nd to December 15th. Well November 22nd is less than 7 days away, is it normal that I don't even have been assigned vin yet?

Hi there, when I log into my Tesla account it says that my estimated delivery date is between November 22nd to December 15th. Well November 22nd is less than 7 days away, is it normal that I don't even have been assigned vin yet?
Yes, that's how it works with Tesla. My original EDD was 11/16-12/16. Well it's 11/17, no VIN, and my EDD just moved to 12/11-12/31. I would expect to see your EDD get pushed out on 11/23.

First EDD 2-14/3-14
Latest EDD 2-16-2-26
Still no VIN yet and i'm getting worried but i've heard stories of people getting a VIN the night before their first EDD, any insight to calm my nerves?
M3P MSM/white OD: 1/25
I had the same delivery date just too and it just changed yesterday to Feb17-Feb26 And I also don’t have a VIN. I feel your anxiety…

MYP black ext/white interior OD 1/18/22

I still don’t have VIN at this point it’s such a joke i’m lost for words
While I am sure you are frustrated, it looks like you ordered 3 weeks ago. MYP average is about 6 weeks (which should shorten significantly when Austin opens up. But before you state how much of a joke it is, realize those that ordered the MYLR have waited upwards of 6 months.

While I am sure you are frustrated, it looks like you ordered 3 weeks ago. MYP average is about 6 weeks (which should shorten significantly when Austin opens up. But before you state how much of a joke it is, realize those that ordered the MYLR have waited upwards of 6 months.
I’m saying the system is a joke having to just stand by for a VIN without any update regarding the building process

I’m saying the system is a joke having to just stand by for a VIN without any update regarding the building process
Re-reading what I wrote it came off as harsh...it was meant as a "you have no idea what kind of joke it actually is". I apologize for the way it came across as that was not my intent. You are dead-on accurate with your statement.

Reactions: Alex Oliyai
How do you guys get EDD one month after ordering? My OD was 11/4/2021 and still waiting.
EDD was January 19- Feb 16 and then pushed to March 18- April 17, right now sitting at 3/24-3/31. Hopefully I will get it this time.
MYP white/white no FSD no tow, Maryland.