Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Estimated delivery date 1 - 3 weeks out but no Vin still, is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I am sure you are frustrated, it looks like you ordered 3 weeks ago. MYP average is about 6 weeks (which should shorten significantly when Austin opens up. But before you state how much of a joke it is, realize those that ordered the MYLR have waited upwards of 6 months.
6 months seem to be such a short wait for me lol. I placed the order of MYLR black/white with upgraded wheels in Oct 2021. Tesla has changed the delivery dates at least 14 times 🤡🤡🤡. The latest one was supposed to be June 1-July 1st; of course, no VIN. Then, they pushed it to June 12-July 6; still waiting. At this point, I may as well get the freaking model 2023 instead of getting model 2022 in Oct (which will make it a whole year of waiting).

6 months seem to be such a short wait for me lol. I placed the order of MYLR black/white with upgraded wheels in Oct 2021. Tesla has changed the delivery dates at least 14 times 🤡🤡🤡. The latest one was supposed to be June 1-July 1st; of course, no VIN. Then, they pushed it to June 12-July 6; still waiting. At this point, I may as well get the freaking model 2023 instead of getting model 2022 in Oct (which will make it a whole year of waiting).
To be fair, that was when 6 months was long...now they have gotten that much more ridiculous.

So... I got my VIN, Insurance paid for, got a call from Tesla to schedule my delivery, got a time and date set. From there I figured I would be proactive and pay my down payment ($15,000). Now I'm looking at my app, and my VIN is gone, but my delivery date and time is still the same. Any insight on what this means?

So... I got my VIN, Insurance paid for, got a call from Tesla to schedule my delivery, got a time and date set. From there I figured I would be proactive and pay my down payment ($15,000). Now I'm looking at my app, and my VIN is gone, but my delivery date and time is still the same. Any insight on what this means?
You need to call Tesla. I have not seen this after someone has a delivery date, but people have had their VINs taken and put back in like e because of a "mix-up". Another reason not to pay until you have inspected the vehicle.

I had that happen to me in 2018. VIN assigned, disappeared, then the same VIN showed up again. No problem.
Hang tight, it’ll all happen. :)