Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU navigation in US car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is what you need:
  1. Ability to access the gateway config, changing the country code and map region. See here.
  2. Ability to access the root filesystem of your MCU.
  3. EU navigation file (appr. 7.3G)
  4. Ability to format the navigation eMMc and flash the EU navigation file in it.
It is a little bit complicated. Maybe an official service can help. If not, I can consider helping remotely.

1. My region is already changed …. Now is EU

2. Hmm ok I have rooted car but I have no access (no password) 🤔

What you exactly Mean about access to root filesystem?

3. From where can I find the map file?

4. This car is salvage car from US (now EU) soo official service doesn’t wanna help 🥺

My car no exist for them

Unfortunately, toolbox 3 is not able to change the configuration of the car. You can connect to the diag port of models S and X to perform a gateway configuration using scripts (search about editing your internal.dat file). For models 3 and Y, it can only be done by a method called "secured configuration" and it is only being done by several unofficial service points. But you do not really have to change models 3 and Y from US to EU, you can only change your SIM and APN configuration from the Toolbox 3 and you are ready to go.
I read about this. I have a Model Y. Even if you use the "sudo" command, you will not be able to download the internal.dat file, change it, and re-upload it? Ha! I just figured out how to do all that. :)

Changing the SIM... If my car has the eSIM, can I just change the APN (Service Mode + [I think?]) and purchase an eSIM from a European source like: eSIM for cars: Unlimited connection! - Holafly

I read about this. I have a Model Y. Even if you use the "sudo" command, you will not be able to download the internal.dat file, change it, and re-upload it? Ha! I just figured out how to do all that. :)

Changing the SIM... If my car has the eSIM, can I just change the APN (Service Mode + [I think?]) and purchase an eSIM from a European source like: eSIM for cars: Unlimited connection! - Holafly
Were you able to chnage navigation data region using toolbox 3?