Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU Onboard dual chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I'm seeing in the video doesn't look like it is related to the questions you're asking. The error message on the screen is about the charge port door, which I think is trying to indicate the handle not being pressed into the port very well. I noticed from the video, it seemed like you used a very light touch, just barely getting the charging handle in there. I've seen frequently that with the handle not all the way in, it can't latch correctly, and it will have an error and a reduced charging rate.

So it doesn't look like this is related to the dual chargers or master/slave, but I could be wrong. So to answer your questions:
Do you know which one is a master and which one is slave?
There are the two different ones under the back seat, but I do not remember which side they connect as the master or the slave one.

Do you know which one fails based on the symptoms shown in this video?
The master one does control all of the charging and passes current to the slave charger, so I have seen reported on the forums that if someone's master charger fails, it can completely stop all charging. Instead of buying and replacing the master charger (expensive), some people have been able to get Tesla service to change the wiring to just switch the connections to reverse the master and slave. Then, they have one working charger which is now the master, and the broken one doesn't do anything. It doesn't have the fast charging speed, since it is missing the second charger, but it is much cheaper to just change wiring connections.

Hi, thanks for reply.

The movie is not mine, but I bet the problem is not related to charging port.
Car is charging without issues on DC chargers. The problem is only in 1-phase AC (doesn't charge at all) and with 3-phase AC (sometimes limits to 10A, but no always).

I know that chargers are located under the back seat, but I need to identify which one should be replaced.

Thanks for your post anyway! I appreciate it.