Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ev-cpo.com accuracy on vins?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I unfortunately recently totaled my 2017 model S and have been looking to buy a new one. I was trying to get one with the new hw3 in it without having to deal with retrofit later.

I found this site ev-cpo.com that tracks Tesla vin numbers and seems to be pretty spot on. I purchased a model S made at end of Feb that the site says has 3.0hw.

My questions are does anyone know the accuracy of this site?

How would they know what hardware was in the car?

Thank you for any insight

Unlikely. If it is used/CPO and you purchased it in Feb 2019, there's no way it would have AP3/Hardware3/FSD Computer...

They might have meant that it has the FSD option, so that it qualifies for the AP3/FSD Computer upgrade when that happens later on in 2019.

Only those with AP2.x and that have already purchase the FSD software will get the AP3/FSD Computer upgrade for free.

Note, AP3, Hardware 3.0 and FSD Computer are all the same thing. Elon indicated via twitter that the official name is called FSD Computer now.

One way to confirm for sure is ask a service center to look at the option codes and they can confirm what it has... Alternatively, the actual FSD Computer is located behind the glove box, so you can remove it you can get the part number for the unit, validate it against the online parts catalog.

URL = https://epc.teslamotors.com/#/login

I found this site ev-cpo.com that tracks Tesla vin numbers and seems to be pretty spot on. I purchased a model S made at end of Feb that the site says has 3.0hw.

My questions are does anyone know the accuracy of this site?

How would they know what hardware was in the car?

If you post your VIN, I can show you all the option codes that determine exactly what's inside the car. 100% of the data reported on EV-CPO.com is direct from Tesla without any manipulation or processing. So if it says so on EV-CPO.com, that's what the data from Tesla said too. (This also means that if the data on EV-CPO is not accurate, then the data Tesla published was also not accurate.)

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

If you post your VIN, I can show you all the option codes that determine exactly what's inside the car. 100% of the data reported on EV-CPO.com is direct from Tesla without any manipulation or processing. So if it says so on EV-CPO.com, that's what the data from Tesla said too. (This also means that if the data on EV-CPO is not accurate, then the data Tesla published was also not accurate.)

Thank you
5YJSA1E29KF305054

Here are all the option codes for your VIN (available on EV-CPO):
upload_2019-5-11_8-2-6.png

Under Autopilot, you have:
APF1 Autopilot Firmware 2.0 Base
APH4 AP 3.0
APPB Enhanced Autopilot

The APH4 code specifies AP Hardware 3.0.

In addition, Model Ss with AP HW3.0 range in VINs from 299124 to 312359, so your VIN 305054 falls into the early middle of that range. So unless the data from Tesla is phenomenally inaccurate for hundreds of MS/MX, I'd say it's a solid indicator that you have HW3.0. Congrats.

Here are all the option codes for your VIN (available on EV-CPO):
View attachment 406568

Under Autopilot, you have:
APF1 Autopilot Firmware 2.0 Base
APH4 AP 3.0
APPB Enhanced Autopilot

The APH4 code specifies AP Hardware 3.0.

In addition, Model Ss with AP HW3.0 range in VINs from 299124 to 312359, so your VIN 305054 falls into the early middle of that range. So unless the data from Tesla is phenomenally inaccurate for hundreds of MS/MX, I'd say it's a solid indicator that you have HW3.0. Congrats.

Do you have a VIN range for the Model Xs? I ordered a refreshed Model X but have a VIN assigned 159598 so want to check.