Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV incentives, I think it is a complete joke.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
instead of supporting individual needs, they can make most buses EVs
or lower public transportation fare
or build more bus lines and build better clean mass transport system. I said to my friend who has a model s, if you really care about the environment then you will either walk to bike to take buses to work.

i don't see the point of using public tax money to support individual needs, that is just plain wrong. and those in favor of individual rebates or even extending it, must be really narrow minded and poor.
This sounds a lot like the frequent arguments used by anti-environmentalists. Basically the all-or-nothing argument where if you don't take things to the extreme it is not worthwhile doing anything. Taking it to the extreme, it is like saying you aren't really helping the environment unless you live in a hut with no water or electricity. No one will think that is reasonable.

I don't know about Ontario, but there are many parts in the US where it is not practical to take public transit or bike to work.

Also, as other's point out, didn't you just say the only reason you will get the Model 3 is because of the credit? So what does that make you as a person? If you really were opposed to this idea, wouldn't you refuse to take the money (or at the very least avoid the program, especially given how horrible a car a Tesla is relative to your "racing" needs)?

Reactions: Jaff
using collective tax payer money to support individual transportation needs.

why don't they use that amount of money to protect the environment more?

I have no words for those people who signed the petition to extend the EV rebate, how can they even justify their cause?
I wonder if at dinner time they use the the food bank as well?

The tax payer money for EVs is not there to support individual transportation needs; it is there to reduce air pollution. Quite apart from the havoc global climate change will inflict on everyone, have you ever known anyone suffering from COPD? It is a a pretty awful condition and a horrible way to die. A good portion of those afflicted with it have been nonsmoking victims of air pollution.

Got it?

These M3 guys lash out in every way possible. He must have been smoked by a Tesla at a green light. Read his signature.......no worries, as soon as this guy test drives a Model S, he'll buy one and be one with us!

He's actually right, torque is no replacement for a high reving engine. How are men supposed to feel like they're properly compensating for their small dicks when they don't have artificial engine roar pumped into their cabins as they're getting their doors blown off by the dude next to them driving a car with no noise?

• Disagree
Reactions: jaguar36
you gonna realize in most world class cities, say NYC, you don't really need a car. subway/buses takes you everywhere. that again proves to use public money for individual needs is completely wrong.

This tells me that you don't really know what you're asking for... you're not asking for investment in public transportation, what you're really asking for is a forced redesign of all cities. The reason why public transportation can work in places like NYC, much of Western Europe, Japan, etc. is because you're talking about regions with very high density cities, built around common interest/transportation-need city centers. Urban and suburban sprawl pretty much kill the public transportation models that are present in those high-density successful environments. "Well, then just build higher density cities" ... yeah, except that you can't just wave a wand and restructure an entire city. Also, building up is very, very expensive which is why you typically only see the practice in areas where land is in short supply or there's some sort of economic bubble.