Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Tires in Hokkaido, Japan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Hokkaido, Japan. I need to replace original Hankook Tires on my M3 LR. I am looking for EV specific tires such as Bridgestone Turanza EV, Yokohama Advan Sport EV or Hankook Ion. I have been told the Bridgestones and Hankooks are not available in Japan. Also, I was told the Yokohama’s, although advertised, are not being manufactured at this time. Does anyone have any alternative tire suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TMC. The Michelin 18” OEM tires that came with my 2018 M3 LR are EV specific, with low rolling resistance and foam on the inside of the tread for noise reduction. I don’t think Michelin marketed them with an EV specific label though. These OEM tires have a bit less tread depth to achieve lower rolling resistance. I suggest checking to see if they are available in Hokkaido, and also considering the non-OEM version to get more tire life. Also look for tires labeled “LLR” or low rolling resistance. These will provide the range of EV tires, if maybe not the noise reduction.

Good Luck!

GSP

PS. Since you live in an area that gets a good bit of snow, maybe also consider Michelin’s Cross Climate 2 “all weather” tires. I got these to replace my 18” OEM tires, and they work great for the occasional snow in my area. They are not LLR, but I don’t miss the range a bit.

Reactions: Thp3
Upvote 0