TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

EV Trip Planning Websites/Apps

Discussion in 'Model X' started by SoCal Tsla, May 27, 2017.

1. SoCal Tsla

SoCal Tsla Member

Can anyone tell me what the Segment Optimize does in the EV Trip Optimizer app?

2. gr2020

gr2020 Member

A suggestion for a video that would be way more interesting - try planning a non-trivial trip in each of them, meaning something that requires a couple of charging stops on the way. Compare what each app says about how long you need to charge, etc. Determine how conservative each one is being. Ideally, actually drive the trip, and compare what happened in the real world with what each app said (in terms of battery capacity and such).

• Like x 1
  3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

You could read the FAQ (number 2) that is actually IN the app which you have (I assume, I haven't spent the time to watch your videos): 'How is the optimization performed'.
    If needed, you could ask in the thread for the app: Announcing the EV Trip Optimizer for Tesla App
    You could also check the tutorial IN the app.

Yes, a video demo'ing several travel apps would be much more useful that the ones showing how to do what is in the Tesla manual. :cool:

4. SoCal Tsla

SoCal Tsla Member

Thanks for your suggestion! I was almost falling asleep yesterday when making the video... I'll go for another trip sometime in June and may do more research and make a better video about it:)