TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Existing non-owner reservation vs new owner for short range?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by corduroy, Jun 16, 2018.

1. corduroy

corduroy Member

I've had my Model 3 reservation for about 6 months now, and am waiting patiently for short range. Recently my 77 year old dad (after heavy lobbying by me) got a brand new Model X! I've read that reservations can be passed to family members, so I was wondering - if he reserved a Model 3 as an owner, then transferred that to me, would I possibly get my Model 3 before my current reservation? Since it will probably be the start of next year before they start making the short range, do you think it would make a difference having my current 1 year old reservation vs an new owners reservation made now?

2. animorph

animorph Active Member

I don't think we know yet, but my guess is no owner priority for anything but first production, LR with premium upgrades. And I'm not sure that is even still in place. Other than that, your earliest reservation would be the best bet.

3. TT97

TT97 Active Member

From what I have seen on the forums, owner priority was for First Production only but they have since ended the practice (I believe it was sometime in April).

4. corduroy

corduroy Member

Thanks, I was thinking by then it might not matter. I'll probably just keep my existing reservation.