Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exped TXY for Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

am considering getting the exped TXY over the regular exped mega mat duo for our model 3 because the shape looks to fit perfectly. Although it’s designed for the X and the Y, the Y is so similar in overall shape am hoping the TXY also fits the 3. Exped said it should be just curious if anyone had already tried it? Definitely more expensive than the regular duo but getting that extra bit of cushion seems worth it if it actually fits well.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

I have been around here a while, but have never heard of "Exped TXY".

Is this a typo, or what is this product this post is about? It sounds like a floor mat.

EDIT: A little googling answered my own question. Its some sort of mattress, for sleeping in the car.

I am not sure why you would think this would fit the model 3 though, since the model 3 is NOT a hatchback (and the X and Y are). Since this product appears to continue into the trunk area I would say "negative" on using this in a model 3. There would be more cushion, but that "more cushion" would also press one closer to the top of the trunk, area a model 3 has that an X and Y dont.

I have been around here a while, but have never heard of "Exped TXY".

Is this a typo, or what is this product this post is about? It sounds like a floor mat.

EDIT: A little googling answered my own question. Its some sort of mattress, for sleeping in the car.

I am not sure why you would think this would fit the model 3 though, since the model 3 is NOT a hatchback (and the X and Y are). Since this product appears to continue into the trunk area I would say "negative" on using this in a model 3. There would be more cushion, but that "more cushion" would also press one closer to the top of the trunk, area a model 3 has that an X and Y dont.

Hi!

it’s an exped specifically designed for Teslas. The height of the hatchback vs no hatchback doesn’t really matter because this mattress is still 3.9 inches tall, similar to the regular duo which does fits in the 3 (and x/y) but not specifically designed for the shape of the car.

When you look at the exped website it shows dimensions of the mattress which fits the curvature of the Tesla (which I believe the y and 3 have similar builds, the height of the back part of the car just seems to be the biggest difference) so hoping it fits. Exped has confirmed that they do fit in the 3 you may just need to deflate it slightly so it fits best.

thanks for your note but looking for anyone who has tried using the TXY in a model 3, thanks!