Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experiences with AAA towing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many of our M3s are now going off warranty and losing roadside assistance.

Seems like the best alternative to Tesla roadside assistance is AAA towing. But I've heard that it's a pain waiting to get a flatbed tow.

Let us know your experiences with AAA flatbed towing and the location of the tow.

AAA doesn’t own any tow companies or tow trucks. They contract with local providers and you are entirely at their mercy.

That said, AAA is generally viewed to have the most extensive network of partners and the best reimbursement rates/terms with their contracted providers, so the end-user result is generally superior to other services like OEM roadside programs.

Reactions: jjrandorin
I've had AAA for over 25 years, most of that being a Premier member. I have myself, wife and 2 kids on the acct.
Yes, we've had to wait an hour at times, because AAA farms out the tows - but if you're Premier , you get priority, and if you say you're 'not in a safe place' , you get more priority.

Some years we barely use it. Some years, we use the hell out of it. With a wife and 2 kids (who have moved out, but I keep them on the membership) , it's great peace of mind for me.

I pay just under $400/year for each of us to get (4) 100 mile tows , and (1) 200 mile tow per year.
One paid tow to go one mile could cost $160+.

Reactions: DblOSmith