Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experiencing Suspension Issues and Air Spring Leak Error - Seeking Advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Tesla community,

I hope you can help shed some light on an issue I've been experiencing with my Tesla. First off, let me clarify that I'm genuinely seeking understanding and assistance, so please refrain from telling me I shouldn't be asking here.

Recently, I've noticed a slight rocking motion in my vehicle when driving at low speeds, around 20-30 miles per hour, on a smooth road. Concerned about this, I accessed the Service menu and found two error messages:

1. TAS_a240_airSpringLeak
  2. TAS_a290_twistSustainedAtSpeed
I reached out to the service center, and after a diagnostic check, they informed me of the following:

"Diagnose customer concern, air suspension alert on dash, technician confirmed it was the bracket causing the alert, replaced ride height sensor."

The following components were replaced:

1. Bracket - Ride Height Sensor - Rear - LH (Remove & Replace)
  2. AIR SUSPENSION RIDE 1.00 HEIGHT SENSOR
  3. BRACKET - REAR LEFT HAND(6006523-00-B)
After these replacements, they assured me that all errors were resolved and the air leak issue was likely due to the sensor's improper functioning. However, on my way home from the service center, I once again noticed the rocking sensation at low speeds. Frustratingly, when I accessed the service menu again, I found the same air spring leak error message.

Additionally, while exploring the service menu, I came across an image, which I have attached at the end of this post.
Second picture - before service. First and third- after service.
I'm curious if anyone can explain its significance and whether I should pay attention to it.

I would greatly appreciate any insights, advice, or similar experiences from fellow Tesla owners or anyone knowledgeable about these issues. Thank you in advance for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_1739.jpeg
    IMG_1739.jpeg
    389.6 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1648.jpeg
    IMG_1648.jpeg
    389.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1738.jpeg
    IMG_1738.jpeg
    495.5 KB · Views: 66