Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exports to grid being capped at 4kw

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if you can slow the charge rate on the power walls, and export more power during the entire day of solar vs charging the powerwalls to full and then clipping the output.

ie output 4KW to the grid "first" and then the rest to the power walls.

I don't have powerwalls yet, so I don't know if this is configurable, and I am not finding much online about it.

I do this quite a bit with our EVs, I set them to charge a much lower rate than they can in order to ensure I stay under our solar output, and leave room for the rest of the household use.

Final update:

After 120 days since my ticket was filed, and several responses from Tesla that just didn't add up, their crack team of level 2 support was finally able to remove my export cap.
I have the same issue. I have a two PW+ system with 12.74kW solar and as soon as my PW fills up to 100%, one of the inverters shuts down and only ones continues exporting. The issue was sent to level 2 support, waiting for their response now. I’m loosing half of my solar capacity.