Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extension of free charging by 2 weeks.. Hmm.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, Tesla has extended the window to get free supercharging with the car for 2 weeks - due to high demand.

So, I'm calling BS on this one - in a positive way. I think that they have an announcement in the holding pattern - probably for the 100D but maybe for other things. Production isn't ready for them to say that "all new XXX cars have XXX new feature as of today." And so they're extending the free supercharging offer in order to sustain demand.

Opinions?

Last edited:
Reactions: xborg and Ormond
No such thing as free supercharging. Even your phrasing is odd "purchase free supercharging".

There is currently non-metered, or unilimited supercharging, the cost of which is included in the purchase price of the car.

My guess is they extended it two weeks to give the software teams more time to get the metering and billing software done, likely to be included in 8.1.

No such thing as free supercharging. Even your phrasing is odd "purchase free supercharging".

There is currently non-metered, or unilimited supercharging, the cost of which is included in the purchase price of the car.

My guess is they extended it two weeks to give the software teams more time to get the metering and billing software done, likely to be included in 8.1.

I edited my post. Happy?

I don't think that's it. It would be just as easy for them to say "we've held off on billing for 2 months".

I edited my post. Happy?

I don't think that's it. It would be just as easy for them to say "we've held off on billing for 2 months".
Already a few threads in this topic.

Of course they have a new announcement. What, who knows.

But they really can't sell cars with available supercharging unless they have the pricing model and the price worked out. I'd throw a fit if I ordered a car and find out it's $0.30 per kWh before it's delivered. (Insert your own price here based on local electricity price)

I agree they could delay charging if it's simply a software thing. But if they have run into locations they can't sell by the kWh, then it needs to be solved.

I think the delay had more to do with the Q4 sales push. They first put out the Jan 1st deadline for unlimited supercharger to get costumes to buy in Q4. Otherwise if they had originally said Jan 15th, nobody would be rushing at the end of December to get their vehicle. They knew full well they wouldn't be making any news or announcements on Jan 1st. Smart plan, but also kind of deceiving to customers who had to rush to buy their vehicle for Q4.
Same thought goes for that U.K. price increase.