Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla reneged on 2 years of free supercharging, how to follow up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BrianZ

Supporting Member
May 30, 2018
California
This is an issue from back in 2019 that I didn't get a resolution on and dropped due to time, but now I'm determined to correct this injustice.

I bought a M3P in Sep 2019 where Tesla was offering 2 years of free Supercharging.

Tesla did not honor the 2 years of Supercharging despite in writing saying they will and I fully qualified for this promotion. When I followed up Tesla has the audacity to tell me in writing that they're denying me of my 2 years of free Supercharging.

1710982213474.png

I didn't think I'd use the Supercharging much, so I just let it go. But I ended up racking up over $2700 in Supercharging charges in 2 years that I should have had free Supercharging and I'd like that refunded. Tesla refuses to honor the 2 years of Supercharging. I contacted [email protected] and they did not respond. Does anyone know of any other method of reaching Tesla for a resolution on this manner? I would like to avoid going down the small claims court route if possible, but I will if I have to even though it is not worth my time or money to do that.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
I don't get what their reasoning is. Do you? What are the two deviation items?

I don't, they did not give any reasoning besides miscommunication, but it was clear I was eligible just like everyone else who bought during that time. I only had 1 deviation item, which was the 19" wheels.

Your choices are very simple - engage in arbitration or file a small claims suit.

There's no other magic sauce to get Tesla to do something for you 4+ years after the original claim. Thinking they're going to voluntarily address your concerns this long after the fact is pretty far-fetched.

I will start the arbitration process and see what comes out of it. Any tips on arbitration?