Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exterior Lights Look Yellow?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,
Do my front DRLs need to be replaced? Or is that a normal color inside? Are the lights LED? It’s a 2019 Raven.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 9AE856D3-66D1-447B-B7D7-D5EC9CDEB328.jpeg
    9AE856D3-66D1-447B-B7D7-D5EC9CDEB328.jpeg
    321.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 099C7751-B2E0-4B2A-9CA4-BFD024BFFED7.jpeg
    099C7751-B2E0-4B2A-9CA4-BFD024BFFED7.jpeg
    361.5 KB · Views: 44
Tesla had a problem, and you have the "normal" yellowing of the DRLs. They should cover it under warranty, if you are still under warranty, but some have had them not cover it because the lights are working, and it is cosmetic.

That is for things that break or quit working. OP lights work.
Not really as the leds burn out due to design errors, give it a month or 2 and the entire upper part will be out. As they burn out unevenly they will not pass the inspection, at least over here. It was Teslas choice to make the units completely unserviceable, so they should fix them.

By the way there is no “normal yellowing” this is a cluster of leds burned out, there is still a faint transmission of light from the leds next to it making it appear as they still work but dimmed.

Mine was like this also and replaced under warranty without an issue, if your SC rep tells you no, you need another rep or SC.

Last edited:
Reactions: DerbyDave
I have read on this forum of warranty for this being declined. Some have also had success in getting it covered. I believe this issue was fixed by 2020, my year. In any event I would fight to get it covered if it was my car still within the warranty period.

Reactions: Dannietjoh
I had either 10 or 11 headlight replacements on my MS for the same issue. They were all covered under warranty, until I was out of warranty and they refused to cover them even though I had mentioned how frequently they have failed so there must have been an underlying condition that caused the vehicle to keep rejecting the lights.
Thats insane, I’m thinking about developing and selling brows that just cover the top led strip. Bad heatsink design is my guess, I read somewhere on the forum there is a mod available to retrofit facelift headlights on older models and the supplier undervolts the leds (don’t know if true)