Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extreme Winter Poll: Which tires are you using this winter?

Which winter tires did you buy for your Tesla Model S?

• 19" Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • 21" Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 19" Michelin X-Ice Xi3

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • 21" Michelin X-Ice Xi3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 19" Pirelli 240 Sottozero

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • 21" Pirelli 240 Sottozero

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Other Option

Votes: 14 24.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really struggle with this fascination some seem to have about having Tesla do all the wheel and tire work on their cars. I have never used dealers in the past for my tire servicing needs (except when covered by some sort of road hazard that came with the car). I purchased and installed my winter tires at Kal Tire, bought my replacement summer tires from Kal Tire, and recently had a flat repaired by Kal Tire. (Sounds like a plug for Kal Tire) Also very happy with the price and service. This is not meant to be a slam against Tesla service... all I'm saying is that you have options, folks.

just wondering, do Tesla service centres do free tire rotations?

I believe if you buy tires from Kal Tire, they do tire rotations, lifetime balancing, flat repairs - all free. is that your experience with them, @mknox?
(I've never bought from them before, but considering now for our Honda and possibly also for my on-the-way 70D)

just wondering, do Tesla service centres do free tire rotations?

I believe if you buy tires from Kal Tire, they do tire rotations, lifetime balancing, flat repairs - all free. is that your experience with them, @mknox?
(I've never bought from them before, but considering now for our Honda and possibly also for my on-the-way 70D)

When I had my car in for it's last Annual, Tesla did rotate my wheels at no cost (even though the rims are from Tire Rack and tires from Kal Tire).

Kal Tire does give you free rotation, balancing, flat repairs as you say. I do my own seasonal swap in my garage (although every year as I get older, I wonder why!) but I did have a very positive flat tire experience. I had a slow leak flat on the way to work. I pumped it up and drove the rest of the way to work then, over the lunch hour, pumped it up again and drove to a Kal Tire near my office (not where I purchased originally). They took me in straight away, fixed the flat, re-balanced and re-installed all at no charge. I even had time to hit the McDonald's drive through on my way back to the office.

I'm in New Mexico and my 2013 Model S has the standard factory-installed Michelin Primacy 19" tires. Am I foolish? Should I get winter tires? I don't plan on driving on snow days, and work from home. Was hoping to avoid the expense.