Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extremely odd position for stone chips; is it worth bringing to the attention of the SC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

This is my first post after being a heavy lurker since taking delivery of my MYLR (multi-coat red) here in the UK about 4-5 weeks ago.

I’ve just got back from a weekend away (only covered about 100 miles which brings the current mileage total to ~250 miles) and after giving it a quick spritz before putting it in the garage, I noticed two stone/rock chips in a rather unconventional position; on the left hand side of the boot lid just under the tail light.

Needless to say on a brand new car I’m devastated, even more so as I can’t for the life of my figure out how they got there.
It probably difficult to see from the pictures but the chips go all the way down to the primer/metal so I’m wondering what the best way to repair is. Should I buy the Dr. ColorChip paint kit (the Tesla branded kit isn’t available here in the UK at the moment; no idea why) or just wait until the Tesla kit is sold here in England?

I have the garage door module being installed next week so I may ask the tech for their advice when they get here but I’m fully expecting them to say something along the lines of ‘not covered under warranty; wear and tear’. From the images the chips may look small but they’re immediately visible in ‘real life’

0A46294E-EE5B-485C-8499-FF5A110ECD88.jpeg

87D038CC-4543-4533-91A3-A5C11BCD1CF2.jpeg

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Hi All,

This is my first post after being a heavy lurker since taking delivery of my MYLR (multi-coat red) here in the UK about 4-5 weeks ago.

I’ve just got back from a weekend away (only covered about 100 miles which brings the current mileage total to ~250 miles) and after giving it a quick spritz before putting it in the garage, I noticed two stone/rock chips in a rather unconventional position; on the left hand side of the boot lid just under the tail light.

Needless to say on a brand new car I’m devastated, even more so as I can’t for the life of my figure out how they got there.
It probably difficult to see from the pictures but the chips go all the way down to the primer/metal so I’m wondering what the best way to repair is. Should I buy the Dr. ColorChip paint kit (the Tesla branded kit isn’t available here in the UK at the moment; no idea why) or just wait until the Tesla kit is sold here in England?

I have the garage door module being installed next week so I may ask the tech for their advice when they get here but I’m fully expecting them to say something along the lines of ‘not covered under warranty; wear and tear’. From the images the chips may look small but they’re immediately visible in ‘real life’

View attachment 800015

View attachment 800016

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Ask tech. Unlikely to be covered if not reported in the first day/100 miles. :(