Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Our MY is a day old, how would you proceed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no idea why I freaked out abut this. My service advisor sat me down, went over everything, walked around the vehicle with me, and changed the estimate to zero for peace of mind. Said they would take care of everything (should be about an hour)

Honestly I'll say it was miles ahead of anything I've ever experienced w/ our Honda. There is even a fancy Tesla waiting room!

So the very person who was needlessly attacking others for taking cautionary measures to properly inspect a new Tesla pre-delivery on Wednesday has issues that they themselves didn't bother inspecting before delivery? Now that they've accepted delivery (w/o proper inspection to get any and all issues and repair promises in writing) are here asking us for help on what they can do? This is rich. I guess sometimes that carefree and macho lifestyle one lives catches up with them, huh? I just didn't see it being a day or two later in this case. 😂

Jokes aside, I hope you get resolution but you're literally at the whim of Tesla now w/o anything in writing prior to delivery and (based on personal experience several times over) that's the wrong company to be at the mercy of. Best of luck. This is the exact reason some take a "clipboard" with a checklist as you put it as it's a simple step one can take to insulate themselves from the nightmare factory that is Tesla. I really do hope they make all of these things right for you because other car manufacturers would and it's the right thing to do. I just know that Tesla isn't known for "doing the right thing" and has countless documented instances of choosing to screw over paying customers to save a few bucks. This is amplified once you surrender all power by accepting delivery which is why you want to fully inspect before accepting delivery. A checklist helps with this important task.

• Disagree
Reactions: buckets0fun
So the very person who was needlessly attacking others for taking cautionary measures to properly inspect a new Tesla pre-delivery on Wednesday has issues that they themselves didn't bother inspecting before delivery? Now that they've accepted delivery (w/o proper inspection to get any and all issues and repair promises in writing) are here asking us for help on what they can do? This is rich. I guess sometimes that carefree and macho lifestyle one lives catches up with them, huh? I just didn't see it being a day or two later in this case. 😂

Jokes aside, I hope you get resolution but you're literally at the whim of Tesla now w/o anything in writing prior to delivery and (based on personal experience several times over) that's the wrong company to be at the mercy of. Best of luck. This is the exact reason some take a "clipboard" with a checklist as you put it as it's a simple step one can take to insulate themselves from the nightmare factory that is Tesla. I really do hope they make all of these things right for you because other car manufacturers would and it's the right thing to do. I just know that Tesla isn't known for "doing the right thing" and has countless documented instances of choosing to screw over paying customers to save a few bucks. This is amplified once you surrender all power by accepting delivery which is why you want to fully inspect before accepting delivery. A checklist helps with this important task.
From what I understand, if you find issues with the vehicle before accepting delivery, you just report them to service after accepting delivery (within 100 miles), and those things should be considered “documented” and will be taken care of, right? Or is there a different way of getting things documented in writing with “we will fix” promises before accepting delivery?

I have my second delivery day attempt in a few hours. I found enough glaring issues the first time around without a list, but I’ll bring one along this time around to make sure I don’t miss anything important.

Putting a bow on this thread, happy to report that the wind noises, whistles, left pull, are all gone

The service was great. If mods want to remove at this point that would be fine.
From what I understand, if you find issues with the vehicle before accepting delivery, you just report them to service after accepting delivery (within 100 miles), and those things should be considered “documented” and will be taken care of, right? Or is there a different way of getting things documented in writing with “we will fix” promises before accepting delivery?

I have my second delivery day attempt in a few hours. I found enough glaring issues the first time around without a list, but I’ll bring one along this time around to make sure I don’t miss anything important.
my thoughts still stand. no clipboard needed and was able to get all of my concerns fixed within a day. the service was fantastic and now my new car is even “newer” lol

Which service center hurt you Ostrich?!?

I know not every Tesla service center is equal, in my case; the Indy location made sure it was flawless after delivery and was kind enough to walk me through each and every repair at no cost.

@smallindiana did you talk to them about the windshield? Just curious what they'd say about that.

Glad it all went so well for you, although how a car can be delivered misaligned like that mystifies me. My experience, in number of defects and in quality of service was a bit different. I've summarized here for the MY and listed here for the MX.

Since then they've screwed up yet another attempt to resolve the MY's paint defect — next appointment: a year and six weeks after delivery — and the MX has been through more screwy service as well.

@smallindiana did you talk to them about the windshield? Just curious what they'd say about that.

Glad it all went so well for you, although how a car can be delivered misaligned like that mystifies me. My experience, in number of defects and in quality of service was a bit different. I've summarized here for the MY and listed here for the MX.

Since then they've screwed up yet another attempt to resolve the MY's paint defect — next appointment: a year and six weeks after delivery — and the MX has been through more screwy service as well.
So the front windshield is tricky. The service advisor clearly saw the issue, but after thinking about a possible replacement I declined and just ask it be documented.

I had two fears in a replacement. One, I catch a rock and have to have it replaced in a few weeks anyway. Two, the replacement would be misaligned, creating larger issues. They did do a tape/wind test to make sure that slight indention wasn’t creating unwanted noise. If it leaks, or starts to warp/crack then they would replace.

Sorry you’ve had issues we got fairly lucky.

Reactions: PewPew
So the front windshield is tricky. The service advisor clearly saw the issue, but after thinking about a possible replacement I declined and just ask it be documented.

I had two fears in a replacement. One, I catch a rock and have to have it replaced in a few weeks anyway. Two, the replacement would be misaligned, creating larger issues. They did do a tape/wind test to make sure that slight indention wasn’t creating unwanted noise. If it leaks, or starts to warp/crack then they would replace.

Sorry you’ve had issues we got fairly lucky.
Good point, yes Murphy's law does apply to windshields, lol.

Our MX windshield was replaced under warranty in 2021 (it spontaneously cracked from the edge inward, apparently a common problem), and then just over a year later in 2022 it caught a rock on the highway and needed to be replaced again.

That second time the service center left blue tape on the windshield edges, plus refuse from their work blanketing the floors ankle-deep. At this point I'm so used to Tesla service I didn't even bother asking them to clean it up, as they never do a thorough cleaning job anyway. Yet another reason to avoid service if you can. 😎