Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EZ-Pass location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really? I can't find any reference to that on bayareafastrak.org. I've used mine without mounting it on the windshield for many years and never had an issue. Given that the back of the tag is just a nondescript white surface, I don't see a reason why law enforcement would want to see it?

I like the idea of putting it under the glass roof, but remember that this will not work with the sunshade that Tesla sells. While it may just barely fit between the glass and the shade, you wouldn't be able to operate the switch anymore ...

That’s why I put it, in the back window in the most forward position. You might even be able to operate a switch (by feel). But I don’t have a switch.

In VA the HOV lanes require an EZ pass. When using the "Express Lanes" you either have 3 people in the car and flip the switch to HOV, or leave it in normal and pay the $$$ toll. In peak times it can be $20+ for the ~10 miles from home to my office o_O

ezpass-flex-transponder.jpg
where do you place yours? I have a MS and previously had one mounted on license plate, but now driving into DC need to use this one. Not sure it's gettin read properly every time.

You know in Va MD and DC

You can use HOV lane at all times with your Tesla. No matter how many people in car. The purpose of HOV lanes was to reduce emissions by convincing people to car pool. Well with EV, you have no emmisions.
This is not true. Only those with special license plates are allowed to do this. Those plates are grandfathered for older vehicles that were hybrids. If the owner continued to transfer that plate, then it could be used on a Tesla.