Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Facelift by myself led to threat of warranty loss [Resolved]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Shatunishko That looks really good! You must have some real welding skills to pull that off without warping the metal and getting it to be smooth. That is awesome! Looks great!
Thank you! It's not mine skills) I was doing it in service.

@Shatunishko I know this is off topic, but maybe you could share with us your experience with owning/driving a Tesla in Russia? It looks like currently there is only one supercharger in Russia, and I'm not sure if there is any other public charging available.
There is only one. In Russia it's pretty city car, because my country is huge and there are no superchargers. But we do have CCS/ChaDeMo chargers on main roads between main cities, such as Moscow - St. Petersburg. As I know, there are plans for superchargers on these type of roads.
There are around 100 type 2 chargers in Moscow, it's mainly free of charge. In my case I have chargers at work and at home. Driving it? It's pretty funny, nevertheless Moscow is wealthy city, I have my car being photographed several times a day. We have around 300 Teslas in the whole country.

@Shatunishko now that it has been a few weeks have they completed their "investigation" and let you know if they are going to honor your warranty or not?
At this point they are waiting for parts. They found some issues with HV cables and it goes to warranty!

And for additional information - fully packed P100D will cost something around 230.000$ in Russia) Due to customs fee.
But from another view a law is being prepared according to which e-owners will be able to ride on toll roads free of charge, transport tax will be cancelled and will be allowed to ride on bus and taxi lanes.

• Informative
Reactions: talels
Thank you! It's not mine skills) I was doing it in service.

There is only one. In Russia it's pretty city car, because my country is huge and there are no superchargers. But we do have CCS/ChaDeMo chargers on main roads between main cities, such as Moscow - St. Petersburg. As I know, there are plans for superchargers on these type of roads.
There are around 100 type 2 chargers in Moscow, it's mainly free of charge. In my case I have chargers at work and at home. Driving it? It's pretty funny, nevertheless Moscow is wealthy city, I have my car being photographed several times a day. We have around 300 Teslas in the whole country.

At this point they are waiting for parts. They found some issues with HV cables and it goes to warranty!
Glad it worked out for you! It is a bit frightening not have the same consumer protection laws in place there.

I'm glad it worked out for you and thanks for the information! It's amazing that even without the supercharger network and with such high prices you still have 300 Tesla's over there.
One more question: Did you get the autopilot package and if yes, how well does the autopilot work on your roads?

I'm glad it worked out for you and thanks for the information! It's amazing that even without the supercharger network and with such high prices you still have 300 Tesla's over there.
One more question: Did you get the autopilot package and if yes, how well does the autopilot work on your roads?

I'm still very careful with words about service and warranty until I have my car repaired. Yes, I have AP1 car so adaptive cruise control and line hold works very good.

• Informative
Reactions: talels
Finally I'm home with car! Everything was covered with warranty. They changed HV cables from junction box to the front drive and even dead 12V! I'm happy.
And that's how transportation home looks like:)
d4b0f808c573.jpg

In my opinion, tesla would do anything to get out of servive. Or rip you off trying.
Service Center in Richmond ripped me off for a new port in November , when v9 diabled my ability to charge. They changed the port. And it still did not fix car, its still broke. And no one cares one twit.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike