TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Factory tour video

Discussion in 'Video' started by JRP3, Nov 5, 2015.

1. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

#1 JRP3, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    I guess since they aren't doing any tours in December they gave us a new 90 second video instead :smile:

2. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

Are you sure about that no December tours thing? My DS said there were still tours in December?

3. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Love it! The music is great. Makes me want to get a Tesla. Oh, wait...

4. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

I'm not sure of anything from Tesla, but that's what people have been saying.

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Love that new video. I am doing my third factory tour on Nov 18, will be with my dad (his first tour) and my wife (her second tour). We are all Tesla owners. As exciting as it is to watch that video, it's far more exciting to see everything up close.

6. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

It's interesting to see which tasks are performed by humans and which by robots. At 0:40-0:41, a person in the paint booth sprays either paint or sealer in a vehicle's interior (does anyone know if this is the original or the new paint shop?); all wiring harnesses and associated tasks like steering wheel are installed by humans. I thought it curious that wheel positionings also aren't automated - that would seem to me to be appropriate for a robot.