Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Failed to Turn on Climate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone had this error on the app along with Keep Climate On being grayed out?

fullsizeoutput_1320.jpeg

Tesla says my car has an intermittent issue with the front temp/humidity sensor located near the windshield. Said they can replace it and/or the cable in about 90 minutes. Offered to do it today if I brought it in, but I don't have time. Very good service.

On a similar note, every time I walk to my garage my app displays "waking up" (I think that's it...) and takes forever to update the charge percentage.

What's worse, I can't disconnect the charging cable until the app get it together.

I'm assuming it's just a crappy 4g connection...

On a similar note, every time I walk to my garage my app displays "waking up" (I think that's it...) and takes forever to update the charge percentage.

What's worse, I can't disconnect the charging cable until the app get it together.

I'm assuming it's just a crappy 4g connection...

That doesn't make any sense. The app doesn't have to establish a remote connection over the Internet to the car ("Waking Up") to allow the phone to function as the key via Bluetooth LE and let you disconnect the charging cable. True, you can't disconnect the charging cable before waking the car, but that can be done by opening the trunk or any door, or slightly depressing the any door handle without opening the door (most conveniently the left rear door handle).

Just back from Tesla service. They replaced the temperature/humidity sensor and this seems to have fixed the issue. Auto mode works much better and Keep Climate On and the climate app controls are both functional now as well.
I’ve been getting the same error over the past few days, but have not used climate control from the app in a while. Now that it’s getting cold I want to be able to preheat the car. Does anyone know there are other causes for this, or is it a hardware problem, thanks!

are both keep climate on and the app controls non-functional? If so, I would guess a sensor issue.
It appear to me that both are non functional, see screen shots. If this a sensor issue why would the in-car manual temperature controls work?
Thanks.

Attachments

• 7A62D0F5-1AC5-4DD8-8300-76F82761AB45.jpg
    7A62D0F5-1AC5-4DD8-8300-76F82761AB45.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 246
  • 93724346-49BA-43E1-9C6C-84D69BC38E42.jpeg
    93724346-49BA-43E1-9C6C-84D69BC38E42.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 255
It appear to me that both are non functional, see screen shots. If this a sensor issue why would the in-car manual temperature controls work?
Thanks.
Not sure but I experienced the same thing...manual mode would work, auto mode would not work very well, keep climate on and dog mode would not work at all and neither would the app. Unfortunately the day I brought it in it worked...they checked the logs and couldn't find any error messages, explained auto mode to me (which I knew) and sent me on my way. A day later when it wasn't working I emailed the service advisor and he was very conciliatory and said I could bring it anytime that was convenient for me and they would get right on it. They replaced the sensor while I waited and all has been great since then.

So I had my appointment this week and got my car back, It was a “loose connection for an interior temp sensor”. Tesla rep said he had another one of these the previous day so maybe not that unusual. Fixed under warranty and back to normal!

I am experiencing the same issues. Took it to service center about 80 miles away, they run "diagnostics" and apparently found an article that stated its a known issue, solution will come with SW Update 2019.40.xxx.
Now this was a tough one to believe as am at 2019.40.2.1.... out of options:-(

I am experiencing the same issues. Took it to service center about 80 miles away, they run "diagnostics" and apparently found an article that stated its a known issue, solution will come with SW Update 2019.40.xxx.
Now this was a tough one to believe as am at 2019.40.2.1.... out of options:-(
That is strange since they physically fixed the loose connection in my car. I also waited for a SW update hoping that would help.