Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone key issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve just upgraded my phone and, whilst I’ve been able to connect it as a phone key, it won’t let me remotely do the other stuff on the app (like set climate or view the cameras in sentry mode).
The error message I get is ‘set up phone key and try again’. I’ve tried turning Bluetooth on/off and have forgotten/reconnected the phone, but still seeing the same issues.

I’ve just upgraded my phone and, whilst I’ve been able to connect it as a phone key, it won’t let me remotely do the other stuff on the app (like set climate or view the cameras in sentry mode).
The error message I get is ‘set up phone key and try again’. I’ve tried turning Bluetooth on/off and have forgotten/reconnected the phone, but still seeing the same issues.
I know this might sound silly, but have you tried to reconnect your phone as a key, while using the key card? I know this has happened to many people, and the way to get around it, was to start the process from scratch all over again.