Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

failure of Tesla service appointments being useful - caution - rant follows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made an appointment with Tesla service in March to purchase a new set of tires. I made the appointment for Apr. 8. The invoice, dated March 17, 2022, indicated the estimate of the service and provided additional service concerns for Reseal Front Upper Control Arm Ball Joints and Update Vehicle Firmware to Correct Seat Belt Chime Functionality. I then approved the estimate. I added another concern on March 28 regarding severe phantom braking occurring the day before. There had been no software updates since February.
I took my car in today, April 8, and the estimated completion was Apr. 8 at 6:30 pm. When I went to pick the car up, the car had not even been looked at and now the current completion time is April 11 at 7 pm!
WHAT THE HECK IS THE POINT OF MAKING AN APPOINTMENT????
The appointment was made 3 weeks prior, not a last minute request for service. No communication was provided from Tesla indicating a delay. The appointment time was 9:15 AM, and I got to the service center around 9 AM, yet at the end of the day nothing had been done and no communication provided to me about it. Is there another car manufacturer that has such shoddy service policies? I have not experienced service this poor from any of the service centers at other dealerships. When a service appointment is made and a completion time scheduled, it is either kept, or a reason for being unable to keep it is timely provided and a loaner is usually available.
So, is this a common occurrence among Tesla owners, or do you think this is a one off and I should find another Tesla service center?

Jim Brown in California

I'm having my first service issue with my Model 3. Car charged to 80% of the 90% preset and will not charge further at all. This was April 11. Tesla set a service date of May 2, and so of course I have no use of the car until this is resolved. No point in running the battery down so I can't get to the service center. Waiting Waiting for the remote diagnosis. I love the car, but I would prefer to be using it. Luckily I have a 12 year old Honda for backup, and I know where I can get immediate service for it.

Similarly- I made an appointment for 4/16/22 @9:30 am back on 3/16 @ the Tampa SC for Them to fix a some separating trim that was messed up from when the Sarasota SC installed a replacement headliner from an issue at delivery as well as some other trim type issues - was told when I dropped the car that it could be all day and due to the Easter holiday it could be Monday - wasn’t happy about it but I understand. Now it’s 4:45pm Monday and nothing no communication, not answering the texts in the app, or a call back - So no clue what’s going or when my car will be ready - Really has me rethinking my if this car will be viable long term as everything service related as been an uphill battle. Good luck

April 21 and I have heard nothing from the "remote diagnostics" folks. The car sits. I did clear up that I could have a loaner from Enterprise at Tesla expense, but I have a third car --reliable Honda -- how long, oh lord, how long.