Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fairfield Inn - Issaquah is getting 12 Destination Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those traveling in the area in the future and looking for overnight L2 charging. With this size setup, they will be able to use the Tesla App to charge $$ for this if they want.

1689652766865.png

Thanks for this update. Again, as I’ve posted before, it’s nice to see hotels getting multiple (more than six) J1772 chargers installed. Definitely need more overnight charging. @acarney should appreciate this one.

Reactions: bruce4000
Thanks for this update. Again, as I’ve posted before, it’s nice to see hotels getting multiple (more than six) J1772 chargers installed. Definitely need more overnight charging. @acarney should appreciate this one.
Absolutely. This is what we need to see 12-24 depending on property size. I'm fine with paying (reasonable costs, maybe $0.20/kWh and under in areas with cheap electricity) but I want to see them building out more and more of these guys.

This also takes the load off fast chargers for anyone that is traveling. If I'm heading into the city for a long weekend or something and I know there's a dang good chance I can charge at my hotel I'll arrive with like 20% or below and let it charge up overnight. Then I don't have to hit a DC fast charger, I go around the city for the weekend, and probably depart still with 70% or more battery a couple days later and head home.

Did WA energy code finally make some requirements to like 10% of parking spaces need to be EV ready or have EV chargers on them?

Absolutely. This is what we need to see 12-24 depending on property size. I'm fine with paying (reasonable costs, maybe $0.20/kWh and under in areas with cheap electricity) but I want to see them building out more and more of these guys.

This also takes the load off fast chargers for anyone that is traveling. If I'm heading into the city for a long weekend or something and I know there's a dang good chance I can charge at my hotel I'll arrive with like 20% or below and let it charge up overnight. Then I don't have to hit a DC fast charger, I go around the city for the weekend, and probably depart still with 70% or more battery a couple days later and head home.

Did WA energy code finally make some requirements to like 10% of parking spaces need to be EV ready or have EV chargers on them?
Definitely for new builds they have an EV charger requirement. Not sure about older ones or remodels.

Tesla is offering their service but only for 6 or more destination chargers so you may see more of these with the ability to get money back and the much lower cost of a Gen 3 hpwc vs commercial ChargePoint or equivalent. Still not cheap going through Tesla certified installers but less than other options.