Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Britomart car park Auckland Destination chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at Britomart car park Auckland today, they used to have two free Tesla destination charges with the usual Tesla only sign
There was a sign in the lift that said said something like you'll be able to sign in and use the chargers via the Tesla app

britomart charges.jpg

The Tesla App only allows pay to charge for Tesla Superchargers - Not destination chargers.

I assume they mean you must use their own Britomart parking app to charge.
I guess so... as these are not some paid chargers....
They are probably making sure only paid daily parking holder are parking and charging for certain time - instead of monthly parking customers blocking the place all day.

I am guilty of charging battery from 10% to 100% at Tauranga parking... moved car once in-between but no one else was there - or no one else found it empty when I was hogging the place...

I was at Britomart car park today, the Destination charges all fully occupied

TESLA CHARGING STATIONS​

We are excited to announce 12 Tesla Destination Charging Stations
are available via the Tesla App to charge EV vehicles.
Type 2 connectors or adapters required.
Please contact Tesla’s customer support team on 0800 005 431 with
any queries, this helpdesk is available 24/7.

• Informative
Reactions: Audietron
I happend to be at britomart carpark charging while some managers were there
They told me the chargers are free for now and they are waiting for Tesla to sort out the payment side.
They did mention cost maybe around 30 cent KWh
I don’t know about anyone else’s experience but that makes it unique in my book. Tesla usually just use their own superchargers..which can be in multi-storey car parks

I happend to be at britomart carpark charging while some managers were there
They told me the chargers are free for now and they are waiting for Tesla to sort out the payment side.
They did mention cost maybe around 30 cent KWh
Golden days of EV are almost gone... totally if certain parties will come to rule.
There used to be dedicated EV lane, free EV chargers, free charging at Mitre10 and parking lots, no RUC, nice resell price, and heads used to turn when car pass by and Tesla was always top EV.... but all either in past or soon a past, EV normalising and BYD is zooming thru 😂
When I got my first Tesla in 2021, change was still coming.... now Change already happened.

Reactions: Ecoli
Golden days of EV are almost gone... totally if certain parties will come to rule.
There used to be dedicated EV lane, free EV chargers, free charging at Mitre10 and parking lots, no RUC, nice resell price, and heads used to turn when car pass by and Tesla was always top EV.... but all either in past or soon a past, EV normalising and BYD is zooming thru 😂
When I got my first Tesla in 2021, change was still coming.... now Change already happened.
Too true - a mixed blessing of the normalisation of EVs. I do miss the “Tesla wave” from other drivers. It was a kinder, gentler time I guess.

The Tesla App only allows pay to charge for Tesla Superchargers - Not destination chargers.
Definitely also allows for paid V3 wall chargers (including for non-Teslas). Indeed that's one of the reasons for V3 wall chargers to include wifi

We've had some in Aus for well over a year, though this looks larger than all the Aus sites to date.

Indeed this one is showing up with a Grey pin on the charge my non-Tesla part of the app, currently Free.

Last edited: