Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Heavy - 7&8 Reuse - Elon's Roadster Demo - LC-39A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: SMAlset
Couple of screenshots from Starman's live feed

IMG_9818.PNG
IMG_9820.PNG
IMG_9818.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_9821.PNG
    IMG_9821.PNG
    1,009.7 KB · Views: 40
On the video being of the same one for both side boosters, the best confirmation I can give is if you watch the landing burn again, you can just see for a brief moment the side booster that landed first from the side booster that landed second's camera. I slowed down the video to make sure I was really seeing the other booster in both screens. It looked to me like they might have realized the issue and tried to fix it the first time the video dropped out long before they separated from the core. I hope they got their TM data from both side boosters and that they got a reasonable amount of data from the core booster- ( I presume it was lost on landing since they've not said anything yet)

I can't imagine getting all the TM bandwidth they needed to get this data- That in itself was an amazing feat. They have the video streams, but they also have pure data that we don't get to see-

I'd still say this was about the coolest thing I've ever witnessed. It's right up there with Saturn V and Space Shuttle launches in my book.

If you click on the link (site NASA Watch) they are about to do the commentary now live. Looks like they are still setting up so we haven't missed anything.

Good thing I've got the iPad and my laptop plugged in to watch both. Oh not good, the NASA watch feed (through youtube) is having trouble playing. Spinning. Reloading. Same thing. Is this available anywhere else? It's back for now but not too hopeful to see the whole thing.

Last edited: