Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Wing Door won’t close

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had an issue with driver side FWD not closing all the way...it was shut but would open or confirm close ( message in screen warning about driving). Drove 10 miles home with warning beep, it was annoying as heck. Got home tried manually releasing, holding buttons open and close and door would only move slightly, motors would keep sucking it in closer but failed to confirm shut. Car wouldn’t shut off because it thought a door was open. Got pretty frustrated and opened a service ticket. Few hours went by and decided to fiddle with door again. Read some things online to disconnect the main battery including the negative. Did all that and still didn’t work. Figured I would try manually release again, after a few pulls and jiggling the cable the release released and was able to open the door. Because of the battery disconnect had to calibrate the fwd and both calibrated no issues.

cant understand why the door did this to begin with and it always seems things get fixed when service is requested, I’m sure I’m imaging that though...anyhow FWD door works....anyone else had a similar experience?