Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Farting app on the way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Understand why many would think having a fart app on a luxury/premium car would be inappropriate but I disagree.

First, it's in a hidden menu, completely OPTIONAL and you don't even have to look at or think about it any more than you have to visit inappropriate websites on your car's browser. It's there is you want, otherwise ignore it and it's as if it's not there.

Second, for the rest of us, the fart app serves as a symbolic, yet important, differentiator between Tesla and the stuffy/old-school/uptight German luxury car-makers who innovate slowly, like to play it safe, are late to adopt cool technologies, and have largely become boring land yachts for 65+ year olds.

So let's all loosen up. If you fall into the latter category of 65+ traditionalists who are offended by the fart but still want to drive a Tesla because it's frankly better, just ignore it. Won't hurt you. And who knows, you might even decide to use it one day to entertain your spouse/girlfriend/mistress/grandkids, etc!

I personally look forward to this and while I wish Tesla would focus their development resources on other things, sometimes you'll get more out of your folks if you let them work on something fun (or even funny) every once in a while.

All I want is the ability to change audio sources back on the right scroll wheel :) Okay, and the ability to control the seat/steering wheel heaters as well as HVAC controls independently in the mobile app. EDIT: and charging schedules based on finish time :)

While I love a good easter egg, I really wish they would put those resources toward a decent browser.
Not supposed to browse while driving.
Tiny Tesla can't possibly compete with Google or Microsoft in the browser wars. Get a cell phone.
One can only hope that the "Tesla browser" helps to keep the cars (and updates?) more secure. we can hope.

• Disagree
Reactions: am_dmd
I have been having a hard time convincing my wife that the Tesla makes good financial sense. The Fart mode will fix everything! With this new addition, I'm confident that the Tesla will be the ONLY vehicle she will want. I told her about the new feature, and her reply was "Elon is a Genius!"
Hopefully, the fart sound is varied enough in tambre, tone, and juicyness to keep it interesting for a long time.

It's free advertising, that's all. Keeps the Tesla name in the media.
Tesla is a vegemite brand anyway. Why offer sensible/boring apps?

Not only that, they're appealing to the younger crowd and furthering their goal of being a FUN car to drive. As a serious long investor of $TSLA (as in 75% of my IRA) I'm impressed with this addition and strategy. It is no different than the gull wings flapping to music, and probably only took a weekend for a fun hack at a party to execute the code. ROI will be huge on this move.

I just downloaded 48.12.1 this morning and I couldn't stop laughing for about 10 minutes. The sounds are quite realistic! The Romance mode was interesting in that it turned on the heater automatically with a nice crackling fire. When I touched the screen once, the romance music played. Haven't tried the new TeslAtari yet.... I was laughing too hard!

Bravo Tesla!

Need a wider variety of fart sounds. These are great, especially when using the turn signals. You generally forget you have it set to this and as you turn on turn signal hilarity ensues. I laughed all the way home last night.
I tried the turn signal option last night but it was a really long light. I tried turning it off but it kept farting away for several minutes. I'll stick with Fart on Demand from now on.

• Love
Reactions: MelaniainLA