Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Farting app on the way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to point this out for those who have no idea how production/software creation works. You see, there are different teams that do different things. They have different skill sets. If you have a team that is dedicated to create new fun Easter eggs, you can't just pull them of that team when the team that is in charge of the algorithm for rain sensing wipers is struggling or stick them on the production line to make more batteries.

If you don't like fun/quirky things, maybe consider a BMW or Volt?

View attachment 361638

The question is: why even have an "Easter egg" team of engineers? Especially while there are so many other issues that can be prevented, fixed, better designed, more thorough testing,...... I'd bet that the "Easter egg" team is the least stressed group of Tesla employees.

Does anyone know which software version this feature is located in? I don’t see any new software Versions suddenly popping up on Teslafi
One article mentioned 2018.48.12 which I haven't seen listed anywhere. They don't necessarily need a new version though. They could just turn it on via a data feed or on a set date/time if the version was previously downloaded.

The question is: why even have an "Easter egg" team of engineers? Especially while there are so many other issues that can be prevented, fixed, better designed, more thorough testing,...... I'd bet that the "Easter egg" team is the least stressed group of Tesla employees.

Interns!

Haha, love this, though wish they'd add more voice recognition features (can't even specify mobile vs home # for calls).

Does anyone know if this update brings the promised auto-wiper NN improvement?

I use voice recognition to differentiate between work, home and mobile numbers all the time (yes, in my Model S) I don’t know why it wouldn’t work for you.

Right. Or fixing the audio system defects that owners have been complaining about literally for 4-5 years, maybe more.
Video games were bad enough. But this -- I can't wait to see what the press with this.

I wonder all the time, why (as they seem not wanting to fix "boring" stuff) not to open source the code (with proper pull request procedure, of course)? I'm pretty sure there are hundreds of owners who are annoyed enough AND have the skills to fix in one person.

I use voice recognition to differentiate between work, home and mobile numbers all the time (yes, in my Model S) I don’t know why it wouldn’t work for you.

Idk, other aspects of Model 3 don't work the same as S. That's just one of many voice improvements I'd like. You can't like/dislike tracks on streaming stations, can't navigate to sync'd Contacts addresses. For example, I can't say, "Navigate to John Smith's house" if he's my contact; I have to save his address as a favorite on the map and name it "John Smith's house." Maybe they have all the in-car app people working on AP software.

There is a lot of room for improvement, and given they have the hardest part of the voice recognition down, it should be very easy to add. I just use Siri instead. Right now, it's like the original iPhone. I'm hopeful one day it will be like our current smart phones.

Reactions: SeminoleFSU
Idk, other aspects of Model 3 don't work the same as S. That's just one of many voice improvements I'd like. You can't like/dislike tracks on streaming stations, can't navigate to sync'd Contacts addresses. For example, I can't say, "Navigate to John Smith's house" if he's my contact; I have to save his address as a favorite on the map and name it "John Smith's house." Maybe they have all the in-car app people working on AP software.

There is a lot of room for improvement, and given they have the hardest part of the voice recognition down, it should be very easy to add. I just use Siri instead. Right now, it's like the original iPhone. I'm hopeful one day it will be like our current smart phones.
You can go to the contact list and then touch the address to navigate to it. At least this works on the S.

• Informative
Reactions: David29