Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Feature Request] Add ability to disable automatic update download / polling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been having an issue with phantom drain recently, maybe the past month or two and it has been driving me mad. For some context, I live in an apartment and park in P2 where there is little to no wifi/cell signal whatsoever. Same situation at work where I park in an underground parkade in P2 with little signal. There is no where that I can connect my car to wifi signal except through my mobile phone hotspot. I also have overheat protection and sentry mode turned off in case you thought my phantom drain was that. Also wifi is turned off so it does not try to look for wifi connections. I only drive a few kms at a time and the battery is fine when driving, but when idling, it drains A LOT. I have attached some photos.

I've observed that my car has been draining a ton of battery from just idling ONLY when it needs to update. Once the update is complete, the car can go to sleep and drains the usual reasonable amount of battery. It seems to be trying to use it's very slow signal to try to download the update / navigation data. I would like the ability to disable this automatic download so I can connect it to my mobile hotspot to download the data faster when I have the free time OR only allow the data download if the signal is good. Although defining 'good' is relative, so please just let us turn this feature off.

Attachments

• PXL_20231028_162534759.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231028_162534759.MP.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 32
  • PXL_20231116_222342314.jpg
    PXL_20231116_222342314.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 21
Upvote 0