Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feeling scammed on FSD retrofit. Am I in the wrong?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting, I didn't know that here was a 15 year cut-off, that allows manufacturers an out, so thanks for that.

I found a manufacturing defect with my Model T. Can I get it fixed?
Should manufacturers still be required to carry remediations for Pinto gas tanks?

There has to be a cut-off.

In private aviation there really hasn't been the same limitation. The result is that liability costs for the manufacturers is huge. Carrying replacement parts for 30-year-old aircraft is really expensive.

Interesting, I didn't know that here was a 15 year cut-off, that allows manufacturers an out, so thanks for that.

Of course, no Tesla with AP was more than 15 years old when the recall was issued, so they have to remediate it free of charge.
What is not evident is how that remediation must take place. For older cars where hardware is required, but cannot be retrofitted, the only course may be to remove all ADAS functions from those cars via software updates. It would then be up to lawsuits on whether Tesla must compensate for the removal, either in full, prorated, or nothing at all (depreciated over the years to $0).