Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally Delivered...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure where to even start... I guess I'll start by saying Tesla Delivery is currently a massive cluster **** of epic proportions...

Delivery appointment was set for today at the Fremont delivery center... I won't rehash all the drama leading up to this point but we arrived 15 minutes before our delivery was scheduled. Checked in and that's where it went south...

Car wasn't even at the delivery center, no I'm not kidding, the car wasn't there... They simply didn't get it brought over from wherever... We were told to go to lunch, come back in 2 hours, and the car would be there... Really??? Okay fine, went to lunch (which Tesla claims they'll reimburse me for it but I don't have much faith these days)... Come back 1.5 hours later... Still no car, need to wait another hour for it to arrive... REALLY???? Another hour later, still no car... REALLY??? Finally 3 hours after our appointment was scheduled, the car arrived... Okay now we had to wait for it to be detailed so that took another half hour... 3.5 hours later, we finally get to see our Model X...

Good news, didn't find any major glaring issues. A few small ones that I need to take up with service. Quick list..

1. Falcon wing door on one side groans/moans when it's being opened/closed
2. Seal on passenger side door window is messed up so sometimes the window slides under the seal which prevents the door from being opened unless the window is rolled down
3. Found what appears to be hair in the clear coat in one spot

Okay so nothing major, doors were reasonably well aligned, no major panel gap issues that I could see, no dents or real scratches or anything like that... Yeah the small things are annoying but we'll figure that out with ranger service...

Now the huge issue... Can't charge at home... Apparently the Gen 1 HPWCs don't work with the Intel MCU cars... WHAT. THE. ****??? Really Tesla??? So now I can't charge the car at home, at all, the only outlet/thing I have is the Gen 1 HPWC... Goes into instant red ring and a charging cable fault. So... Yeah...

Got to see Elon though so I guess theres that... Dude didn't want to stop and take a picture or anything but I get it I suppose... He had no idea we'd waited for hours for a car that wasn't even there but it was kind of a bummer he wanted no part of even saying hi back...

All in all, very rough day, very unhappy with how our delivery was handled and not sure what I'm going to do about charging at home...

Hey at least the Model X turned out mostly okay... So there's that...

Jeff

Now the huge issue... Can't charge at home... Apparently the Gen 1 HPWCs don't work with the Intel MCU cars... WHAT. THE. ****??? Really Tesla??? So now I can't charge the car at home, at all, the only outlet/thing I have is the Gen 1 HPWC... Goes into instant red ring and a charging cable fault. So... Yeah...

Jeff

This has been well documented on the TMC for months now. multiple threads on the subject.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Got to see Elon though so I guess theres that... Dude didn't want to stop and take a picture or anything but I get it I suppose... He had no idea we'd waited for hours for a car that wasn't even there but it was kind of a bummer he wanted no part of even saying hi back...

Probably because you gave off a horrible vibe, because he deff did mingle with others.

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 8.55.39 AM.png