Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally I'm getting involved! I feel worthy now! :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Afternoon all,

So after placing my deposit down 18 months ago, because I wanted a place in the queue, to then not being in the right place financially or mentally to commit to ordering when they appeared here in the UK I'm very happy to say I've now pulled the trigger with Evezy for a Model 3 Performance.

Delivery due December/January (but we're on Elon time so who knows!) and I can't wait!

I've also just received my £1k deposit back within 7 days of requesting it so very impressed with that, no chasing needed.

Just to make sure I'm in the right place, this is the place for people that feel the need to check the forum constantly for updates, 10+ times a day (hour?!) and have a need to buy accessories for a car they've not yet received....

Have I got this right?! Cos if so phew I'm in the right place :)

Evezy is an interesting prospect with no access to the Tesla app so I'll be sure to post back with how it all goes!

haha, finally got permission from the boss to order it eh? :)

Did you have to use Man Maths?

haha surprisingly not, I've spent months on a spreadsheet figuring out the optimum method to get a Model 3, (I have my own Ltd company so complicated options/benefits) along with what the 'real' cost is vs my current absurdly cheap Merc A class 12 month lease, as well as vs a likely replacement when that goes back.

So all that gave me comfort but given I'm working on scaling a business and having control of my outgoings the lease commitment was a bit of a killer for me. That and BIK changes was what was making me wait. I'm also due to be travelling abroad a fair bit in 2 years so didn't want/couldn't make a long term commitment. So it was 2 yr lease deals which are a bit punchy to say the least.

Then I came across Evezy, realised that it's actually cheaper than a 10k / year 2 yr lease and on top of that it includes FSD (which I never would have spent th extra on), 12k miles instead of 10k and all maintenance (tyres only in reality) it became a no brainer as at any point I can give a weeks notice and hand it back (ha yeah like that's gonna happen)!

My Wife is just thankful I've made a decision, she doesn't get that the anticipation and months of internet research and forum reading is all part of the fun!

Reactions: Akikiki
Just checking the forum every hour. pah that's for amateurs . Here are a few other fun activities to keep you busy
I posted this list to a previous new orderee to the forum (now updated with a couple of suggested additions from others others)
  • check the source code of your account page twice an hour for a vin
  • research / buy accessories ( have you chosen your console wrap brand, colour and pattern yet??)
  • switch to Octopus energy ( using a referal code from Roy W ( other referral codes are available))
  • Get a smart meter fitted
  • Get a charge point fitted
  • become an expert and obsess over cargo ship movements
  • watch You Tube Videos of Teslas
  • Read Elons Tweets
  • Bore friends and family into a coma talking about Tesla
  • Learn the locations of the entire UK supercharger network
  • Use ABRP to review every journey you might ever do in all possible weather conditions

That should keep you going for a while.

Lol agree with the above. My online activity on my phone has gone up significantly. This forum can be quite addictive but a great way to learn and fun at times. Got my car in the end of Sept rush so it’s off to SC tomorrow to start the paint corrections and alignment issues but love it regardless. My only regret is that I didn’t research leasing options better as it was quite a hit to the bank account...enjoy it when you finally have it.

Just checking the forum every hour. pah that's for amateurs . Here are a few other fun activities to keep you busy
I posted this list to a previous new orderee to the forum (now updated with a couple of suggested additions from others others)
  • check the source code of your account page twice an hour for a vin - sadly can't do this, don't have a Tesla account as all done through Evezy
  • research / buy accessories ( have you chosen your console wrap brand, colour and pattern yet??) - Spreadsheet started and refers to the great work on these forums and the big master sheet. Wireless charger chosen, SSD purchased, door stickers selected, :)
  • switch to Octopus energy ( using a referal code from Roy W ( other referral codes are available)) - Done already!
  • Get a smart meter fitted - Booked for two weeks time
  • Get a charge point fitted - Tricky timing on this one, I think I need the VIN to be able to sort this which I won't have until collection. Am looking to make friends with a local installed to see if there's a way around it.
  • become an expert and obsess over cargo ship movements - haha reminds me of my days waiting for my Mustang to be delivered!
  • watch You Tube Videos of Teslas - Already a firm part of my day
  • Read Elons Tweets - Already doing :)
  • Bore friends and family into a coma talking about Tesla - yep, see previous comment ref Wife, have a couple of Tesla mad friends too!
  • Learn the locations of the entire UK supercharger network - Ooh that's some good homework!
  • Use ABRP to review every journey you might ever do in all possible weather conditions - added to list

Edits above that's a good list :)

BTW you missed out a key one:

- Read the 199 page EU user manual! (yes I have done that already!)

Thanks @freekie

Last edited:
Lol agree with the above. My online activity on my phone has gone up significantly. This forum can be quite addictive but a great way to learn and fun at times. Got my car in the end of Sept rush so it’s off to SC tomorrow to start the paint corrections and alignment issues but love it regardless. My only regret is that I didn’t research leasing options better as it was quite a hit to the bank account...enjoy it when you finally have it.

Yes my account felt that hit as well, because Tesla were a bit delayed getting paperwork to the lease company the initial payment for August collection + first payment for Sept came out at the start of Oct then the second payment for Oct came out at the end of Oct. all forgiven of course every time I go out for a drive :)

Ive tried not to go over board buying extra's for the car - Jeda USB hub, Jeda wireless phone charger, tinted rear Windows, replaced all the LED lights for abstract ocean ones and Tesla symbol puddle lights, tray for the front of the centre console.

I am now thinking about the extra rubbers for the doors surrounds, mostly to stop the water and dirt getting in around the door but from what ive seen it stops some of the wind noise in the cabin.

Looks like i need to get it booked in for moisture in one of the rear lights that never clears, it looks like its getting too much damp in the light compared to others that do get that normal bit of misting that clears after a bit of time.

I have a physiological condition that generally prevents me from reading manuals. I'm a bloke. But I don't have a delivery date yet so never say never.....

It was actually quite a good read. Never seen the word Beta mentioned so many times in one document!

I always learn something I wouldn't otherwise have known. One nugget was "You can set the auto folding mirrors to auto fold at specific locations" so for me I live in a close where I have to pass through two crazy narrow gaps 200metres from my house, this bit of automation is stuff I love as repetitive actions always make me think there must be a better way!

Ive tried not to go over board buying extra's for the car - Jeda USB hub, Jeda wireless phone charger, tinted rear Windows, replaced all the LED lights for abstract ocean ones and Tesla symbol puddle lights, tray for the front of the centre console.

Did you look at any alternatives to the Jeda wireless phone charger? I came across this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SSC9...olid=33SZ38OPEMJ6Y&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it and it looks like it does the same thing a lot cheaper. Any thoughts?

• check the source code of your account page twice an hour for a vin
  • research / buy accessories ( have you chosen your console wrap brand, colour and pattern yet??)
  • switch to Octopus energy ( using a referal code from Roy W ( other referral codes are available))
  • Get a smart meter fitted
  • Get a charge point fitted
  • become an expert and obsess over cargo ship movements
  • watch You Tube Videos of Teslas
  • Read Elons Tweets
  • Bore friends and family into a coma talking about Tesla
  • Learn the locations of the entire UK supercharger network
  • Use ABRP to review every journey you might ever do in all possible weather conditions

Hahaha! I do a lot of that :D

I also provided @Roy W. with HIS Octopus referral code :D

• Funny
Reactions: Cwmwd and Roy W.
I also provided @Roy W. with HIS Octopus referral code :D

Roy W or "Quick Draw McGraw" as he may be known!
Quick_Draw_McGraw.jpg

Did you look at any alternatives to the Jeda wireless phone charger? I came across this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SSC9...olid=33SZ38OPEMJ6Y&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it and it looks like it does the same thing a lot cheaper. Any thoughts?

I did but some of the review commented on the fit and how securely it stayed in place, if you look at the back of the jeda one its got 4 rubber bits that stick out and they fit exactly in the M3 to hold it in place and you can place the phone in landscape as well. I was ordering the hub anyway so i thought i may as well.

I did but some of the review commented on the fit and how securely it stayed in place, if you look at the back of the jeda one its got 4 rubber bits that stick out and they fit exactly in the M3 to hold it in place and you can place the phone in landscape as well. I was ordering the hub anyway so i thought i may as well.
Did you get stung by import duty? That’s the only thing putting me off from ordering direct from the states.