Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this is the reply I got from auto finance.
upload_2020-9-1_11-9-37.png

Great news Rob! Did you have to change your terms or down payment. I am approved @2.6 RBC for 96 mo and emailed finance but they said they need to do a credit check again so wanted to be sure this time.
I would do it either at the end of Sept or right before your delivery date if it is this month. With the former you will hold that rate way into Oct in case it goes up, with the latter it only takes minutes for them to update your rate anyway.

Hello all,

planning to order model Y long range, i like to loan the car, however, the tesla loan interest is a bit way to high. as read some previous post and we can get the loan from different banks. how i know how it works? i have moagage with Scotia bank too. what kind of info i should give it to them and how to deal with tesla if i choose to pick my prefer bank ?

what kind of interest do you guys get?

Thank you.

I would do it either at the end of Sept or right before your delivery date if it is this month. With the former you will hold that rate way into Oct in case it goes up, with the latter it only takes minutes for them to update your rate anyway.
Thanks Rob my delivery date is this Thursday so would go with asking them to update now. If you don't mind did you take it for 60 mo or 96 mo?

Hello all,

planning to order model Y long range, i like to loan the car, however, the tesla loan interest is a bit way to high. as read some previous post and we can get the loan from different banks. how i know how it works? i have moagage with Scotia bank too. what kind of info i should give it to them and how to deal with tesla if i choose to pick my prefer bank ?

what kind of interest do you guys get?

Thank you.

The Tesla rates on their site are not accurate. See through the last few pages for the current rates but they’re in the 2.x% range. You’re unlikely to get better elsewhere. Telsa financing is done by either Scotiabank or RBC.

If you approach Scotia on your own, they’d likely offer you something around 6.x% unless it’s a home equity loan.

The Tesla rates on their site are not accurate. See through the last few pages for the current rates but they’re in the 2.x% range. You’re unlikely to get better elsewhere. Telsa financing is done by either Scotiabank or RBC.

If you approach Scotia on your own, they’d likely offer you something around 6.x% unless it’s a home equity loan.
thank you, so i dont have to shop around then. will they tell you the rate until you get delivery notice?