Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And thats based on your credit application? How much down paymeny besides the $2500 deposit?

Thanks!

SA quoted 2.15% and asked me how much deposit I wanted to put down. Looks like you can get this rate with basic $2500 down.

However, I asked to put down $20,000 down payment, RBC application came back with $10,000 down payment term ($12,500 in total)

It's common for banks to give better rate for larger loan because it's better business for them.
I never bother to push for $20,000 down and just accepted the term.
Mainly because this is open loan so I'm free to pay off more amount at any time.

SA quoted 2.15% and asked me how much deposit I wanted to put down. Looks like you can get this rate with basic $2500 down.

However, I asked to put down $20,000 down payment, RBC application came back with $10,000 down payment term ($12,500 in total)

It's common for banks to give better rate for larger loan because it's better business for them.
Mainly because this is open loan so I'm free to pay off more amount at any time.[/QUOTE

Mainly because this is open loan so I'm free to pay off more amount at any time.

Good decision on not putting 20k down. I would rather leverage that cash elsewhere and make good returns. Id buy some tesla shares and hold long.

Otherwise nice!

Good decision on not putting 20k down. I would rather leverage that cash elsewhere and make good returns. Id buy some tesla shares and hold long.

Otherwise nice!

Exactly my thought afterward. 2.15% loan is basically free money. I'd be ok with $2500 down.
I was afraid I was going to make stupid investments with the whole 20k.

So.. here we go. 10k toward Tesla, 10k for whichever big company stock.
It's be unlikely to do worse than 2.15% gain per year.