Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My tesla was delivered early June. Financing is with RBC. When do we expect a formal letter/agreement from RBC (in the mail)? I want to set this up on my online banking.
I got all the documents I signed during delivery emailed to me by the delivery team the same night. I bank with RBC and also got approved by them. My loan showed up on my online banking after a few days. I have not received any formal letter or agreement from RBC. I'm assuming what I signed during delivery would just be it. Everything was there in terms of agreement and contract.

just ordered tesla model 3, blue/ white sr+, submitted all info and got answer back in about 1 minute, offer is
Scotiabank
60 months, 2.35% APR
i dont bank with Scotia, but i did have a motorcycle loan with them back in 2015 that i ended up paying out with cash after a month of thinking about pro's and cons of the loan.
now the 9-13 week wait begins.

It's scary how simple and easy the process was....
created account applied and approved (and broke) all within 5-10 minutes. ;-)

M3 long-range
Scotia
2.8%
84m

now...7-11 weeks

oh, and a call from Tesla "Erfan" within the hour to say congrats. Nice touch.

Question
1. By when, do I need to submit my referral, in order to take advantage of the Supercharging credits?
2. I've requested to transfer plates to the M3. What's the basic process? goto MTO, do the paperwork, then insert plates on the delivery date?

thanks, everyone

Reactions: Floger
It's scary how simple and easy the process was....
created account applied and approved (and broke) all within 5-10 minutes. ;-)

M3 long-range
Scotia
2.8%
84m

now...7-11 weeks

oh, and a call from Tesla "Erfan" within the hour to say congrats. Nice touch.

Question
1. By when, do I need to submit my referral, in order to take advantage of the Supercharging credits?
2. I've requested to transfer plates to the M3. What's the basic process? goto MTO, do the paperwork, then insert plates on the delivery date?

thanks, everyone
The referral is a url that takes you to Tesla’s site with a cookie attached that gives Tesla the referral notation.
After your order has been submitted, you have to give the code to your SA and have them apply it to your order. This MUST be done early in the order process, as it becomes difficult to do later in the ordering process.