Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got 2.4% for 60 months with RBC when I did my loan app through Tesla. I emailed Tesla autofinance and they said that the lowest rate their lenders offer is 2.49%??
Yup that’s what they initially told me as well, 2.49 base/best rate but RBC gave me 2.4 to begin with then a minute late I got an email saying I was approved for 2.35 from Scotiabank. I asked for a 60 months term but they told me 60 and 72 get the same rate.

Yup that’s what they initially told me as well, 2.49 base/best rate but RBC gave me 2.4 to begin with then a minute late I got an email saying I was approved for 2.35 from Scotiabank. I asked for a 60 months term but they told me 60 and 72 get the same rate.
Hmm, I didn't get an email afterwards unfortunately :( Was your email saying that you were approved from [email protected]? Happy for you!

Hmm, I didn't get an email afterwards unfortunately :( Was your email saying that you were approved from [email protected]? Happy for you!
The approval email didn’t come from autofinance it was from another email address ([email protected]) with the below update:
Review Your Updated Tesla Loan Offer​
RNXXXXXXXXXX​
There's been an update made to your TeslaLoan Offer. View the change in your Tesla Account.​

Got a string of couple "Review Your Updated Tesla Loan Offer" emails, logged in and saw that it updated to 2.35% with Scotiabank. I didn't accept it right away but 2 min later I received another email and it reverted back to 2.4% with RBC. I did emailed autofinance after reading this thread to see if they will honor but i think it's all done now since my profile says everything is completed. The delivery is later this week.

Maybe a stupid question, but Tesla hasn't gotten back to me to clarify:

Placed an order for the Model Y, estimated delivery is March which is perfect for me. Got approved for 36 months at 2.5% through the website via Bank of Montreal.

It's asking me to "Confirm", but I'm a little unclear on what I'm confirming. Am I locking myself into that? I know the approval will expire long before I have the car anyway, but this wording kind of gives me pause.

1632249602006.png

Does anyone know what that really means?

I'm sort of assuming I just have to click confirm regardless.

You could do what I'm doing. Select cash and then once you approach to a closer delivery date, you ask your SA to enable the financing and at that point you can confirm whatever rate they give you (and you're only hit with one credit check)

Ya, I'll wait a couple more days to see if Tesla can answer my question and if I don't hear anything, I guess I'll switch to cash. Thanks.

I think I saw the answer somewhere but can’t find it.
My first finance payment was taken out a few days ago..if I want to accelerate my payments and pay off earlier where do I get RBC account number? Should I reach out to my SA to confirm?

thanks