Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i phoned to get a quote (expect Fed may raise rates tomorrow) and the Tesla rep talked me out of it. saying it things are delayed you may need to get another quote in another 30 days.

Yeah they got back to me and said it's only good for 30 days.

More reason to be disappointed and frustrated at the delays. I was quoted September when I put in my order - rates were much lower, and there was no luxury tax on the horizon. I'm close to cancelling now since rates have gone up so much and I may end up paying the additional tax too...

More reason to be disappointed and frustrated at the delays. I was quoted September when I put in my order - rates were much lower, and there was no luxury tax on the horizon. I'm close to cancelling now since rates have gone up so much and I may end up paying the additional tax too...

So the rate will be locked in for 30 days, and the approval valid for 60. If I need to renew it, it'll be a soft check, so I decided to roll the bones and do the application. If this EDD is finally correct, I'll have the rate locked in. Otherwise, it'll be a soft check and a new rate, but no hard check again.

Anyway, immediately approved with BMO for 2.9%. $130,000 with $50,000 down, 60 months. Too bad, my original approval back in July was 2.4%...

Can not really complain about interest rates when they are below inflation... They are literally paying you to borrow money lol. Not to mention rates have been CRAZY low for years...

Can not really complain about interest rates when they are below inflation... They are literally paying you to borrow money lol. Not to mention rates have been CRAZY low for years...
Yeah, true. Still, my decision to buy a new car was partly based on those low rates, and the significant delays I’ve faced have left me with a rate 0.5% higher than I planned for. Obviously that’s not going to break the deal, as it would be dumb to be buying this car if I was that close to the margins, but unfortunate nonetheless.

Reactions: Murky-Article
Hey guys,
What does it mean when an appx date of June 2022 EDD changes to a April xx to May xx date range?

I know its non finance related but hoping someone might have the answer.

Thanks
Yeah, your date will change several times. Doesn't mean anything, there isn't any structure to it.
Just keep refreshing for several months like everyone else, feel free to complain about it. We all do it :)

Reactions: Torontom