Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing through Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I'm debating on a preowned MX. The issue I have is putting down a $2500 non refundable deposit before they will let me see the car. They sent me pictures, but won't let me see the car before I commit. They won't refund it if I see it in person in Fremont and decide I don't want it if it is in a condition that isn't up to my standard. Yes I understand that it is a used car. I'm more worried about minor things like dings and scratches both on the paint and interior, that were not captured by the pictures.

Did anyone finance 60 month through Tesla? If so, are the rates lower than credit unions?
Right now, the lowest through Schools First credit union is 2.84% for 60 months for a used car. I'm not sure if they give a discount due to EV. Is Tesla lower?

They cannot legally keep your deposit on a CPO.

It’s not like they are building the car for you. I’m sure Tesla wants to give the impression that all deposits are non-refundable in order to pressure you into the final sale even if something is wrong with the vehicle, but it is simply not the case.