Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2020.8.1fails to lock car and turn off a/c

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since I installed firmware 2020.8.1 my 2019 Model X no longer properly locks the car, shuts off the displays, turns off the A/C, or pauses the audio once I put the car in park and exit the vehicle. The driver's door closes properly, but the car does not shutdown properly. I get similar behavior with both "walk away locking" turned on or off. It occasionally works properly, but most of the time it does not.

Reboot is important. I assume you used the phone Bluetooth method (just walk up and the car unlocks) to unlock the car?

The only way walk away lock works is if the prior unlock was done by the Bluetooth key method. Keycard and Tesla App manual unlock mean you have to manually lock when exiting.

Reboot is important. I assume you used the phone Bluetooth method (just walk up and the car unlocks) to unlock the car?

The only way walk away lock works is if the prior unlock was done by the Bluetooth key method. Keycard and Tesla App manual unlock mean you have to manually lock when exiting.

OP has a Model X ... no Bluetooth phone unlocking ... that only applies to the Model 3

• Informative
Reactions: jmaddr
I have rebooted multiple times and even powered off.
I've had an X since July 2017, so this new problem is not a result of any change in my behavior.
I plan to see if it is all about playing books from my iPhone.
I've got a service appt scheduled for the 13th.

Ever since I installed firmware 2020.8.1 my 2019 Model X no longer properly locks the car, shuts off the displays, turns off the A/C, or pauses the audio once I put the car in park and exit the vehicle. The driver's door closes properly, but the car does not shutdown properly. I get similar behavior with both "walk away locking" turned on or off. It occasionally works properly, but most of the time it does not.
Sorry to hear the annoying issues you started experiencing. I can add with this update if you have the headlights on manually and turn off the car, it will now bark at you that the headlights are left on and it will drain if you don’t turn them off (previously it would shut off regardless once you lock and walk away) . It actually makes you physically go into light settings and turn them to auto to shut off. Mind you sometimes I need them on manually to get the LED trailer lights to turn on as they don’t pull a large enough load, and I don’t want to buy the adapter that adds a load at the hitch connector.