Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

(First) charging best practices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am aware of charging best practices but am curious to any "first time" charging best practices. We are getting a brand new made in china M3 LR next week. The next day we want to take it on a road trip to the cold swiss mountains (-10c) and camp with it. I intend to use super chargers for this with max charging to 80%.
Are there recommendations against this? Such as charging first via standard slow chargers for the first few charges?

Thanks
Max

I am aware of charging best practices but am curious to any "first time" charging best practices. We are getting a brand new made in china M3 LR next week. The next day we want to take it on a road trip to the cold swiss mountains (-10c) and camp with it. I intend to use super chargers for this with max charging to 80%.
Are there recommendations against this? Such as charging first via standard slow chargers for the first few charges?

Thanks
Max

No, there arent any break in type recommendations I have ever seen from anyone on the topic of battery care, and that topic (battery care) is posted on here constantly so if there were any, it would have surfaced by now.

Reactions: Rocky_H