Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First drive after me taking delivery yesterday evening

ScoobyDoo82

Banned
Mar 22, 2021
Los Angeles
Wow! What a car. Wife isn’t too happy, I spent the rest of the night playing in the garage. Drove it to work this morning and am simply blown away. I was wondering though, does autopilot not like to be set at/above 80mph? It kept disengaging.

Eric9610

Sep 4, 2020
So Cal
My wife was also not on board when I got the MY but after taking several long trips, with her at the wheel, she loves it. She even wants to get another one now to replace her MB E class.

Reactions: MyMYLRnw

MrWattson

Aug 23, 2020
Central NJ
My wife was skeptical of my desire to purchase the MY - or any EV.. She had concerns about range, reliability, etc. But overall, she is good about not forcing her opinions on me - just as I give her similar respect. I did a lot of analysis and putting my emotions in check before taking the plunge.

That being said she loves the MY and usually wants us to take versus her MB A220. Her car is only about 18 months old, but she already feels her next car could be a Model 3, if she needed to replace the A220 in the coming couple years.

Reactions: Eric9610

Darmie

Supporting Member
Jan 13, 2016
Clear Lake TX.
Great to hear. Congratulations and welcome to Tesla Ownership. Hang out here on TMC and let us know how it goes. Ask questions, great resource here. Pictures. Don't forget pictures. Safe travels...

ScoobyDoo82

Banned
Mar 22, 2021
Los Angeles
Why not? Hopefully not because you bought a Tesla ...... but because you spent all night in the garage like I would have.

I ask because I’ve got a test drive scheduled before ordering in order to get my wife on board.
Because I was “playing around” in the garage all night lol

bchan911

Jan 29, 2020
Toronto, Canada
I was wondering though, does autopilot not like to be set at/above 80mph? It kept disengaging.
Autosteer and Traffic-Aware-Cruise-Control will cancel if your driving speed exceeds 90mph (150km/h) as documented in the manual (Pg. 87 & 90).

All other safety control functions like Lane Departure Avoidance, Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance, Forward Collision Warning, and Automatic Emergency Braking also will not function without warning when speeding in excess of 90mph (150km/h).

Drive safe!

Last edited:

Purejenius

Mar 27, 2021
USA
I took delivery of my first MY last week. My daughter and I have sitting in it playing games and playing around with the other fun stuff every night. Our favorite (and the neighbor kid’s) is the emissions feature. My wife, not amused. (Worth noting she does love the car)

Stavinski

Jan 31, 2021
USA
Have your wives discovered the emissions testing can be played on the external speaker while driving through the neighborhood? Crop dusting joggers is highly amusing to 9 year old boys, perhaps not so much their mothers!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC