Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First EV in a Pool... when?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
So... this got me thinking:
https://jalopnik.com/honda-civic-takes-passengers-for-afternoon-swim-in-flor-1824140595

With all the milestones that EVs have 'achieved' over the years now, I'm wondering when we will see an EV or a Tesla in a pool.

Not that it's something I'd ever want anyone to be injured doing, but we've seen a lot of gas cars... in pools. I think that it's really only fair that we get some EVs in on this game.

Taking all bets! I'm thinking 06/2019!

Reactions: jerjozwik
IMO EVs (or cars in general) should become more utilitarian, tool-like and cheaper before car-sharing on a large scale will happen. Reminds me of the poll which made it clear that Tesla owners are not likely to want to share their priced possessions. Through some sharing program then? Too costly not to want to have your own Tesla at your constant disposal.

IMO EVs (or cars in general) should become more utilitarian, tool-like and cheaper before car-sharing on a large scale will happen. Reminds me of the poll which made it clear that Tesla owners are not likely to want to share their priced possessions. Through some sharing program then? Too costly not to want to have your own Tesla at your constant disposal.
That's not the pool you are looking for. :rolleyes: